Vision Fund Uganda Limited (VFU) is a Microfinance institution and an affiliate of World Vision Uganda (WVU), a child-focused Christian Organization that believes in brighter futures for children, empowering families to create incomes and jobs by Unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive. VisionFund Uganda is also part of the bigger network of VisionFund International (VFI), with MFI’s in 28 Countries worldwide. VisionFund Uganda is now seeking for qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following key positions. Summaries of the positions are given below. The full job descriptions can be found on www.futureoptionsug.com Chief Operations Officer Reports to Chief Executive Officer Supervises Credit Manager, Regional Managers, Business Development and Integrations Manager
Job Purpose: The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is responsible for the development, review and implementation of VisionFund’s Operations Strategy including market development and product disbursement plan, budgeting, people and performance management, risk and internal controls management to reduce VFU risk exposures especially operational and credit risks to ensure growth of quality portfolio while attaining the desired operational self-sufficiency levels.
• Operations Strategy: Accountable for formulation, review and execution of VisionFund’s Operations strategy based on the agreed strategic direction of the institution as well as annual operating plan. Use Regional / Branch information (as per above) to contribute to annual operating plan, in coordination with the CEO, CFO, P&C and IT/MIS.
• Regular review of Credit policies and procedure to adjust to the changing demands of clients while remaining relevant to the market. Review pricing at least on a semiannual (or more often) basis to adjust to market and client demand.
How to apply: Applicants should submit an application letter and a CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda by email: email@example.com; Tel: +256 414 231204/6. (Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email). Applications should be received by 21st October 2019 by 5.00pm. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Closely monitors implementation of the approved Plan ensuring all departments and Branch offices are achieving set goals and targets and
• Prepares, reviews and submits portfolio and other financial analysis reports on Credit growth and other trends to key internal and external stakeholders including- the CEO, Board and the shareholders (WV&VFI) as deemed necessary.
• Oversees the Operations Budget and ensure cost saving, value for money, enforcement of budgetary controls and accountability for expenditure in line with VFU set standards and annual operating plans.
• Takes full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management e.g. Recruitment, Employee Development, Performance Management, Remuneration and Rewards, Career path planning, Onthe-job training, coaching & mentoring and Employee engagement.
• Supervises creation and implementation of plans and methods to create awareness of all products and services offered by the MFI (e.g. newsletter, radio advertising, posters, and school.
• Ensure that the MFI reaches its target clients (poor, women with dependent children, World Vision Area Programs) Key Requirements
• Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
• Credit Certification o relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
• Working experience of 10 years in a dynamic environment preferably a bank or regulated microfinance institutions with a minimum of 5 years cumulative credit experience at a managerial level.
• Thorough understanding of Credit Operations and Financial Institutions Act
• Proficiency in Computer packages including EXCEL, POWER POINT etc.
• Strategic enablement skills (Analytical, problem solving and decision making)
• Solution-focused, flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
• Able to influence, negotiate and engage diversity
• Financial Risk Analysis skills.
• Communication skills (both oral and written).
• Strong networking and stakeholder engagement skills Company Secretary Reports to Chief Executive Officer Supervises Legal Officer
The Company Secretary ensures that best management practices and work ethics are followed in VFU, oversee and support legal processes and outcomes at VFU, provides legal advice and counsel to the CEO and the company, in particular as regards evaluation of the various legal risks. Along with CEO, He/ she is a key focal point in relationship with regulator and compliance with instructions and is the focal point for all governance and board related activities, in coordination with VFU team, prepare Board papers and minutes. He/ She coordinates all legal matters with the different interest groups;
• Provide legal and advisory services to the CEO and VFU Board at both operational and strategic levels.
• Prepare required and update VFU records of legal documents mandated by Laws in the
microfinance sector such us the employment Laws, and other statutory guidelines.
• Focal point for Board- Prepare Board Papers, Circulate Board minutes and actionable issues to all stakeholders, manage the Board meetings and calendar in line with the CEO’s directives. • Attend as company&/minute secretary all Board meetings and support CEO in following up the implementation of Board decisions.
• Draft, coordinate, monitor and evaluate all communications between the CEO, Senior Management and other stakeholders regarding policies and Board decisions.
• Represent the CEO at functions, meetings, conventions and other gatherings as delegated by the CEO and as appropriate. Key Requirements
• Honours Degree in Law (LLB).
• Enrolment as an advocate
• Post Graduate Diploma in law or master’s Degree in law
• Training in ICSA and Commercial Law will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a financial institution or recognized institution, and as corporation secretary. Business Development & Integrations Manager Reports to Chief Operations Officer Supervises Business Development and Integrations Supervisor and Marketing & Communications Specialist
Job Purpose The Business Development & Interventions Manager designs strategies that will increase
the public’s awareness on VFU products and services, develops marketing products, plans, tools, and techniques that will boost VFU market share and ensures that VFU achieves and maintains appropriate brand and image.
• Develops cost-efficient and effective marketing products and strategies that are appropriate for the desired market;
• Packages a marketing prospectus for the institution meant for investors, donors, credit providers, technical groups (such as CGAP, Micro save, etc.);
• Supervises creation and implementation of plans and methods to create awareness of all products and services
• Supervise the conducts of customer satisfaction surveys, competition and market surveys to guide Management in designing appropriate products and services.
• Prepares an annual marketing plan and the annual budget for the MFI;
• Prepares a sales strategy in liaison with Regions/ Branches to achieve Portfolio and Clientele targets.
• Ensure that the MFI is integrating fully with WV Area Programs to drive Impact. Key Requirements
• University Degree in Marketing, Business Administration and any other related courses.
• A professional course in Marketing will be an added advantage.
• At least 3 years of related experience at managerial level
• Experience and proficiency in market research and product development.
• Strong sales and business acumen-ship
• Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit an application letter and a CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda by email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +256 414 231204/6. (Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email). Applications should be received by 21st October 2019 by 5.00pm. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted