The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC Delegation has an immediate opening for the following position:
||Finance & Admin. Manager
Purpose of the post:
The Travel Officer ensures that Travel activities are organized smoothly, including coordination of pickup/drop-off of ICRC staff and guests, travel arrangements, visas and permits, official registration and accommodation.
- Coordinates flight schedules and arranges airport or hotel pick-up and drops with the Fleet department.
- Organizes, facilitates and ensures appropriate accommodation for new arrivals, visitors, field trips and workshops.
- Organizes Travel files, business cards, briefing programmes and tours of the delegation for new arrivals.
- Organizes staff travel by the most cost-effective means (makes flight reservations, purchases tickets and confirms flights for professional and private travels).
- Processes travel and immigration documents with relevant authorities for visas, work permits, travel insurance, health certificates, ID cards etc) for staff or visitors.
- Sources, arranges and negotiates various options and discounted prices for hotels in the country.
- Sources, arranges and negotiates discounted airfares, travel agencies etc.
- Keeps all appropriate databases up to date on staff members, missions/other travel, document validity, residency, and any other relevant information (schools, airlines, telephone numbers, etc.).
- Organizes communication flow between ICRC offices, sub-delegations, delegations and/or headquarters regarding staff travel.
- Organizes the Travel side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
- Manages the filing and archiving of expatriates’ files.
- Arranges and organises school enrolment of expatriates’ children.
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
- University degree in Administration, Travel industry, Tourism, Hospitality or similar relevant training in a recognised institution
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a relevant similar field (travel agency, immigration services or hospitality industry)
- Computer proficiency
- Very good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- Possession of a Driving licence is an added advantage
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative and to work independently
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Flexibility and resistance to stress.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their electronic application, CV and copies of academic and work certificates to email@example.com by Friday 04th June 2021. Attach your documents as a single file/document. No paper applications will be received.
Travel Officer must be stated in the email subject.