About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Senior Legal Manager.
The Senior Legal Manager will be responsible for providing legal advice to support business stakeholders and ensuring legal compliance in respect of business decisions, processes and documentation. The person in this role is also responsible for drafting and negotiating complex contracts with customers, landlords, and vendors while closely collaborating with the Head of Legal Uganda, and other senior management. The incumbent works closely with all functions within the business unit to define acceptable business risks and operational parameters within his/her scope, developing processes and controls to effectively implement agreements. He/she is also responsible to manage any outsourced legal partners.
1.1 Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Head of Legal, drafting a range of contracts and documents including, but not limited to, construction and service contracts, leasing and build to suit agreements.
- Provide expert legal advice to support business stakeholders.
- Ensure legal compliance with respect to business decisions, processes and documentation.
- Ensure filing of all legal documents (signed agreements and other legal instruments etc.) as required by the business.
- Ensuring the training of the organisation’s staff and contractors on any legal developments impacting the business, either supervising instructors, or directly providing training when needed.
- Training of the organisation’s staff, vendors, customer and other applicable third parties with respect to anti-bribery obligations and the code of business conduct
- Provide legal support and advice to the security team on any cases as they may arise, which may include field travel to support with investigations.
- Ensure amicable closure of all cases reported to the police or court to the benefit of the organisation’s Uganda
- Support the Assets department with respect to permitting, property and landlord related matters
- Support the Head of Legal in relation to company secretarial/corporate matters
- Prepare/draft and track all contracts, letter agreements, and settlements as required by the business
- Work hand in hand with the legal and regulatory outsourced partners to ensure that they are providing the services required.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skill
- LLB Degree or equivalent foreign qualification.
- Admitted lawyer with 6 + years relevant experience in applying general commercial and corporate law.
- 3+ years of property law and/or telecommunications law experience. Ability to work with all levels of management
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines, getting things right the first time
- Analytical, problem-solver who is able to identify key issues quickly
- Effective self-leadership as an individual contributor in a high-performance environment
- High level of integrity
- Conflict management capabilities
- Ability to analyze data and formulate recommendations
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Relationship management competency
- Strong negotiation skills
- Accuracy oriented with strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of relevant compliance legislations
- Expert knowledge of corporate and commercial law
- Well organized
- Leadership skills
Our client is a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the individual may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above. The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job
1.3 How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TC-SLM Senior Legal Manager”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday 31st July 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification