NATIONAL MEDICAL STORES Plot 4-12, Nsamizi Road Date: 2nd September 2019 P.O Box 16, ENTEBBE, UGANDA.
EXTERNAL JOB ADVERTISMENT
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament in 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to health facilities in Uganda.
Our vision is “A POPULATION WITH ADEQUATE AND ACCESSIBLE QUALITY MEDICINES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES”
Our Mission is “TO EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY SUPPLY ESSENTIAL MEDICINES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES TO HEALTH FACILITIES IN UGANDA”
We are now looking for suitably competent Ugandans who possess appropriate skills, knowledge and right attitude to fill vacant positions which have either fallen vacant or have been created in the NMS structure. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions existing at NMS Head Office, Entebbe, Uganda.
NMS/ 2019/ 52: SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Reports to: Chief Human Resource & Administrative Officer
Salary Scale: Grade 4
Duty Station: Entebbe
To support Chief Human Resource & Administrative Officer in planning, implementation and overseeing effective Human Resource Management in the Corporation.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Process payroll input data for all staff for onward submission to Finance and accounts
2. Plan, monitor and evaluate the implementation of performance management process in the various departments and provide professional guidance inline the HRM manual.
3. Participate in recruitment, selection and onboarding of staff to the Corporation in line with the relevant laws and the Human Resource Manual
4. Develop and review competence profiles of jobs that have either been created or changed in line with the performance management guidelines
5. Review the department’s business plan, operational plans, objectives, targets and performance indicators for each work team and monitor activities in line with NMS corporate plan
6. Carry out staff training needs assessment, plan and coordinate, validate, implement and evaluate staff training programs in line with the HRM manual.
7. Implement welfare policies and procedures and make follow up on issues regarding reward management, discipline and grievances in line with the HRM manual
8. Plan for counseling sessions and counsel members of NMS in line with counseling principles and NMS HRM manual.
9. To identify any risk(s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
1. Honors Degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or related Field with specialization in Human Resource Management.
2. A post Graduate diploma in Human Resource Management.
3. Knowledge of Uganda Employment laws is a necessary requirement 4. Fully or part qualified CIPD or ICSA is an added advantage
5. A minimum of 5 years of hands-on Human Resource Management experience in a reputable organization.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should submit signed application letters, together with an Application Summary Form, curriculum vita, copies of academic documents/transcripts, names and contact details of three referees one of which must be the current or former employer to the Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer not later than 5: 00pm on Monday 9th September 2019 at the address below;
The Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer National Medical Stores P.O Box 16, Entebbe Plot 4 – 16 Nsamizi Road, ENTEBBE – UGANDA. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us, one month from the date of closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that National Medical Stores reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer.