LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Obongi, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
For more information about LWF World Service, please check; https://www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService
The LWF Uganda is looking for mature, qualified and experienced persons for the following position:-
Job Title: Senior Compliance & Accountability Officer (1)
Place of Assignment: Kampala Head Office
Reports to: Finance Manager
Job Summary: The purpose of the Senior Compliance & Accountability position is to provide support to the Finance Manager and CMT to evaluate, review, assess, monitor and give feedback on the strength and weaknesses of the internal control systems in the Finance Department and the entire LWF Uganda Country Program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Verifies and/or reviews all Payment Vouchers (PVs) to ensure that they have genuine supporting documents like distribution lists, contracts, required process-documents etc.;
2. Prepares quarterly compliance audit report and shares with Finance Manager
3. Carries out systems audits for accurate data input, proper documentation, recording and reporting in all systems and assess the reliability and integrity of information generated;
4. Performs a thorough review of the monthly financial statements including bank reconciliations, trial balance and the cashbook to ensure that they are prepared accurately;
5. Investigates any irregularities in the implementation of policies and procedures in order to determine if there are material losses, identify possible causes and give appropriate recommendations.
6. Continuously reviews the adequacy of internal controls, reviews policies, systems and procedures and proposes practical and value-added recommendations to address any internal control weaknesses
7. Participates in the preparation for external audits and liaises with Finance, Project Teams and Support Services to receive, review and file all relevant information required by external Auditors;
8. Receive/assess audited financial reports, including management letter from partners and Prepares audit action plan, follow up on the implementation of audit findings avoid to help avoid their recurrence
Qualifications, Experience, Essential Skills & Technical Competencies Required
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Audit, Finance or Business Management;
• Professional accountancy or auditing qualifications like CIA, ACCA, CPA., is an added advantage;
• 3-5 years’ experience in accounting, internal audit, donor compliance & grants management;
• Cautious and conscientious nature; You must be thoughtful and methodical;
• Comprehensive understanding of financial reporting, review and analysis;
• Hands on experience reviewing in complex contracts and agreements;
• Ability to interpret donor regulations on all context of grant management and transactions;
• Expert knowledge of at least 1 accounting software & proficiency in Excel/Word and packages;
Candidates who are interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title in the email subject.
Hand delivered applications can also be sent to our Offices in Kampala. Please indicate the position you have applied for on the top of the parcel addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager
Lutheran World Federation
Plot 1401, Ggaba, Road next to Quality Hill
P. O. Box 5827 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline for receiving application is Friday 31st July 2020
Officially advertised by the Human Resource Service Centre – Uganda