World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Field Security Assistant – Kyaka II
Report to: Food Assistance Officer
Location: Kyegegwa District
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the job is to provide administrative, operational and coordination support to the response security so as to ensure effective implementation of the security function at field level.
- Provide in-put and support in the planning and conduct of food distributions in Kyaka 2
- Identify together with key stakeholders areas of security management that need external support for successful programme implementation
- Take lead in managing security aspects of GFA programmes in Kyaka 2
- Provide security support to SLT in Kyaka 2 during crisis situations and critical incidents.
- Carry out security assessments for FDPs and locations where staff operate
- Provide security briefing to new staff and visitors upon arrival at Kyaka II refugee settlement.
- Develop Security Protocol for Kyaka 2 and monitor staff compliance.
- Track Staff movements during working hours to ensure safe travels
- Conduct Security Investigations when required.
Networking & External Liaison/Engagement
- Expand and maintain security networks for sharing information
- Build relationships with government security agencies and IPs for getting support on Kyaka 11 Refugee Response related matters
- Provide functional supervision to the outsourced security services providers in Kyaka.
Capacity building & Technical training
- Orient new staff on security for Kyaka 2 operational context and guide staff on completing WV on-line personal security training
- Provide technical orientation to security focal points at each operational site in Kyaka 2.
Reporting & Documentation
- Review the performance of outsourced security providers (Protectorate SPC & Uganda Police)
- Prepare weekly and monthly security reports to the Security Manager and GFA management in Kyaka 2
- Compile security incidents and share incident reports with the Security Manager and GFA Management in Kyaka 2
- Prepare security updates and advisories as may be relevant for engaging WV staff on safety and security issues.
- Provide weekly security updates to staff during devotions.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Education: Diploma in Security Management or equivalent Qualification or experience related in the field.
- Technical Skills: Excellent verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Experience in providing administrative support to security function.
- Computer literate (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated administrative and coordination skills
- Experience: Exposure to the security field (public, private, government or NGO).
- Radio and /or satellite phone communication experience, operations and management.
- Three years security administrative and coordination experience.