Movit Products Limited (MPL), the leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturing Company in Africa with operations in Uganda, is seeking to recruit a highly competent, motivated and professional individual to ﬁll the position of Risk and Compliance Manager.
Risk and Compliance Manager will be responsible for monitoring and providing guidance to all
organisational operations for compliance with internal policies and procedure and external laws and regulations.
Report To: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop departmental annual, monthly and weekly work plan to ensure activities are aligned to the overall strategy;
• Develop, review and update policies and procedures to guide the execution of the Company’s operations in compliance with statutory and professional standards;
• Develop department budget in line with approved work plans and approve all department purchase requisitions to ensure adherence to the approved budget;
• Conduct compliance reviews across all departments to ensure internal compliance to company policies and procedures;
• Conduct compliance reviews to ensure compliance to external laws and regulations;
• Develop check list for major processes to guide the compliance team in execution of its activities;
• Develop a risk management framework in line with statutory and professional standards work to ensure all risks are minimized;
• Review of bank reconciliation statements to ensure the cash books and banks statements are regularly and appropriately reconciled;
• Enforce implementation of Audit recommendations across all departments; so as to meet the different audit recommendations;
• Enforce Policy awareness across all departments to ensure all employees are aware of departmental/organisational policies, procedures and regulations;
• Review of the payroll, statutory deductions, terminal benefits and employee contributions to saving scheme to ensure compliance;
• Review and verification of petty cash vouchers to ensure compliance to petty cash policy and approved facilitation structure;
• Conduct regular stocktaking of the main stores and outlets to ensure physical stock and system is regularly reconciled;
• Conduct review of all payments before payments to ensure compliance to approved internal procedures and applicable external guidelines;
• Conduct system and physical verification of the procurement process to ensure compliance to approved internal procedures and external regulations;
• Conduct physical and system verification of sales loadings, sales returns and review sales reports to ensure compliance to approved processes;
• Ensure competence within the department through training and development, coaching and mentorship, performance management and leave management; and
• Effectively report on all compliance activities to inform decision making.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration
• Master’s degree (MBA) will be an added advantage
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Proficient with MS Office application especially Excel and Power Point.
• 5 years of Audit or Compliance experience in FMCG and/or Cosmetic industry.
• Competence in Auditing and auditing techniques
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong verbal and communication skills
Interested candidates are invited to apply through our email email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date: 21st August 2020.