Monitor Publications Limited, a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced results oriented professional to fill the following vacancy
RETAINED ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (Cashier) -1 POSITION
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT– PAYABLES / TREASURY FINANCE
To manage the Cash transactions of MPL by disbursing petty cash, receiving cash and cheques and banking the receipts in accordance with Company procedures.
• Make over the counter payments to suppliers and staff for NMGU staff
• Post Petty Cash Vouchers
• Receipt all the Cash and Cheques received on a
• Prepare Reports – Daily Cash/Cheque Collection
• Ensure that all cash and cheques received are
banked intact within 24 hours of receipt using
the CIT services.
• Undertake the allocations of receipts to invoices
on customers’ Accounts • Achieves agreed targets.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Academic: Bachelor’s Degree in Business
Studies, Accountancy or any other related field
from an accredited institution
• Professional: CPA Level 1 would be added
• Experience: 3 years’ working experience
preferably in a similar role in an FMCG company.
• Knowledge of an Accounting package • High standards of Integrity
• Discrete, trustworthy and reliable
• Excellent numeric skills
• Willingness to work long hours
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure and with
tight time constraints
• Good communication skills oral and written
If you believe that you are our ideal candidate, please submit your application, detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number by 2nd October 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Reports to: Department: