NATIONAL MEDICAL STORES Plot 4-12, Nsamizi Road Date: 2nd September 2019 P.O Box 16, ENTEBBE, UGANDA.
EXTERNAL JOB ADVERTISMENT
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament in 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to health facilities in Uganda.
Our vision is “A POPULATION WITH ADEQUATE AND ACCESSIBLE QUALITY MEDICINES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES”
Our Mission is “TO EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY SUPPLY ESSENTIAL MEDICINES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES TO HEALTH FACILITIES IN UGANDA”
We are now looking for suitably competent Ugandans who possess appropriate skills, knowledge and right attitude to fill vacant positions which have either fallen vacant or have been created in the NMS structure. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions existing at NMS Head Office, Entebbe, Uganda. Summary:
NMS/ 2019/ 53: RESEARCH OFFICER
Reports to: Senior Research Officer
Salary Scale: Grade 6
Duty Station: Entebbe Job Purpose: To provide assistance for research by participating in research design and implementation as well as participating in market surveys.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Designing research proposals
2. Conducting research on assigned topics
3. Analyzing research Data
4. Undertaking market survey of prevailing prices of pharmaceuticals, medical sundries and other supplies
5. To identify any risk(s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
6. To perform any other duties assigned from time to time
1. A minimum of an Honours Bachelors’ degree in statistics or Quantitative Economics from a recognized University
2. Additional training in Health related research
3. Two years’ experience in undertaking health related research in a reputable organisation
4. Computer knowledge including statistical packages for analyzing research data and specifically EPI data, EPI info and SPSS
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should submit signed application letters, together with an Application Summary Form, curriculum vita, copies of academic documents/transcripts, names and contact details of three referees one of which must be the current or former employer to the Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer not later than 5: 00pm on Monday 9th September 2019 at the address below;
The Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer National Medical Stores P.O Box 16, Entebbe Plot 4 – 16 Nsamizi Road, ENTEBBE – UGANDA. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us, one month from the date of closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that National Medical Stores reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer.