The Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) is a body Corporate established by an Act of Parliament, number 2 of 2014, to provide both Loans and Scholarships to Ugandan Students to pursue higher Education. The objective of the Loan Scheme is to increase equitable access to Higher Education in Uganda and also support qualified students who may not afford the cost of Higher Education. Vision “Equitable Financing of Higher Education for all Ugandans” Mission “To Provide Sustainable Financing for Equitable Access to Higher education to all Eligible Ugandans” ‘’HESFB is an equal opportunity employer’’ HESFB kindly invites applications from suitably qualified people to take up the following employment opportunity;
1. Job Title: Receptionist
Reports to : HR/Administration Officer
Grade : FB7 Essential Functions Responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including receiving visitors, answering phone calls, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail.
The post holder’s responsibilities include among others:
1. Answer the phone calls in a timely & polite manner , take messages and direct calls to the appropriate person
2. Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, by organizing all necessary stationery and reading materials e.g. brochures and other information leaflets.
3. Perform general administrative and clerical support duties such as filing, collate ,photocopying, transcribing and faxing documents accurately.
4. Deal with queries and provide correct information to callers
5. Maintain an updated Internal and external Telephone Directory and contacts;
6. Maintain an appointment diary and follow up scheduled appointments.
7. Maintain a neat and well groomed appearance and respond professionally to visitors and callers. 8. Any other duty assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required The position requires the following minimum qualifications knowledge and competences
1. Degree in Secretarial studies, Social Sciences; Management; or any related field.
2. At least 2 years working experience in a busy office.
3. Knowledge of computer applications e.g. Microsoft office
4. Telephone handling Skills
5. Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
6. Customer service skills
7. Adaptability and ability to interact with diverse individuals.
enclosing photocopies of Academic certificates, CV and three referees (not relatives) should be delivered to the address below. Closing date for receipt of applications is 30th August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Executive Director Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) Plot 1, Lourdel Road, Lourdel Towers 7th Floor, Nakasero. P.O. Box 16810 Wandegeya, Kampala Uganda Tel : +256 414 255 300 www.hesfb.go.ug