About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan.
We are looking for a competent and experienced Finance and Operations Manager, with experience in the financial services sector.
Purpose of the Job:
This role’s purpose is to run full operations in the products department. He/ She will work closely with other departmental heads in managing, monitoring and improving efficiency of the full department, driving productivity.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Budget control and variance analysis and reporting ensuring control and adherence to budget measures
• Account payables and receivable reconciliation.
• Management accounts and KPIs reporting.
• Bank reconciliation and proper internal control measures surrounding data entry
• Payroll processing and statutory returns
• Petty cash management with a strict view of transparency and accountability
• Maintained the asset register, acquisition of the assets recording and amortization and optimal usage.
• Established and maintained a good rapport with financial intermediaries, suppliers and other service providers
• Tax planning and remittance; ensured all statutory returns were met in a timely and accurate manner
• Manage budget process
• Monthly cash flow projections and actualization
• Oversee the bookkeeping function and maintenance of the general ledger
• Ensure adherence to the policies and procedures and set up and maintain strict internal control measures.
• Audit process management, both internal and external
• Daily reconciliations of UPIA and KUZA products
Product Delivery and Business Coordination
• Maintain and oversee growth of the UPIA product and services and the supporting policies and recommend changes as required to meet business KPIs
• Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the business unit’s services through regular review and improvements to each department and product head as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions
Credit Sales & Collections
• Ensure KPIs are consistently achieved
• Oversee the full range of managerial duties for the loan review, compliance, collections, and credit analysis functions including adherence to policies and practices of the organization and applicable regulatory and governmental agencies
Operational Financial Management for UPIA and KUZA products
• Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls in UPIA
• Undertake the business unit’s financial reporting; revenue tracking; cost control measures; forecasting and budgeting functions for UPIA
• Manage and control disbursement capital on mobile money platforms
• Set up and provide reports on key financial indicators as required
• Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
• Lead and oversee the business support functions on a day to day basis to deliver high quality services to stakeholders
• Direct short-term and long-term planning and budget development to support strategic business goals
• Work with all teams to ensure delivery against the strategic direction set by the CEO and Board. This includes setting clear targets, financial planning, and risk management
• Proactively seek opportunities to improve, develop and enhance our products and services
• Work with operational areas to ensure that effective processes exist and are maintained for all business support functions
• Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization
Training and Development of Peers and Junior staff.
• Mentor, coach and train others within the operations team, developing staff into future roles within the business.
• Monitor and maintain a high standard of appraisals and measurement of KPI’s of staff within his/her report.
Education and Experience
• Master’s degree – Finance/ Accounting/Strategic Management option as a major
• Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant (K), or Certified, Management Accountant designation is a requirement
• Advanced organizational leadership and people management skills
• Excellent written, oral and client-facing communication skills
• Computer packages like SAGE, excel and MS Word
• Delivery-focused mindset
• Cost-control and ability to operate within budgetary requirements
• Strong analytical abilities and problem resolution skills
• Strong strategic focus for business planning
• Strong planning and organizational abilities
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong client service orientation
Competencies and abilities
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
• Highly organized
• Mature self-starter who takes initiative
• Strong client service orientation
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-GC-FOM Finance and Operations Manager”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday 31st July 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification