|Position Title||Project Finance Officer – SOCY Project|
|Department||Finance and Administration|
|Reports to||Finance and Administration Manager|
|Overall Responsibility and Job Purpose
|Provide financial supervision to the projects and technical and capacity building support through the reviews and preparation of financial and management accounting information in order to enhance accountability, efficiency and timeliness.|
|Key Tasks and Responsibilities
|· Prepare and analyze projects’ financial reports to ensure their accuracy and adequacy in respect to full disclosure and that they present a true and fair view of the activities of the projects for the respective period in line with laid down financial policies
· Provide training and technical support to the project staff
§ Ensure the decision-making processes and the preparation of financial records in projects is in accordance with the laid down SACU policies and procedures through periodic supervisory visits and technical support.
· Prepare project budgets and cash flows, financial transactions and audit & evaluation reports to ensure budgetary controls and cash flow management and compliance with laid down financial procedures & policies.
· Ensure that project funding is processed efficiently and provide support in the dissemination of project Account listings for costs allocated and incurred at the Head Office in line with laid down financial procedures and policies.
· Periodically review the financial and other Internal Controls in operation in projects and advise and/or assist in setting up workable controls in line with the Financial Policies and procedures.
· Provide support in the preparation of budgets, development of Project Proposals with a view of advising on key strategic financial implications.
· Prepare analytical quarterly, bi-annual and annual project financial reports relevant for management decision making and submit a monthly financial reports to the FAM
|Other Duties||· Posting all transactions to main accounting system.
· Update entries in accounting system upon receipt of documentation to support initial cash advances.
· Ensure filing and safety of all financial records.
· Recording transactions in cashbooks.
· Facilitation of internal and external auditing.
· Help in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation.
· Maintain Petty cash and ensure timely replenishment.
· Organize for the purchase and delivery of goods to support the office and its work.
· Oversee the stores.
· Any other assignment by the Supervisor.
|EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS||· A university degree, with a major in Accounting and/or a full professional qualification in A.C.C.A or CPA or CIMA or equivalent.||· Part or full professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA or CIMA or equivalent.
· USAID/DFID grant management
|EXPERIENCE||· A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
· Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
|· Experience in NGO work.
· Good community and field work experience
· Experience in managing projects
|SKILLS / ABILITIES||· Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Pastel Accounting or any other accounting package.
· Good analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Good presentation skills
· Report writing skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong networking skills.
|PERSONAL QUALITIES||· Have empathy with Send a Cow’s Christian foundation and core values
· An initiator and self-driven
· A team leader, builder and developer
· Creative and innovative
· A team player. Flexible.