Job Title: Project Fild Officer-Adjumani (PO) # of Positions: One (1) Duty Stations: Adjumani district Reports to: Project Coordinator (PC)
About ACODEV: ACODEV is an NGO that was established in 2003 and fully registered by government of Uganda. Initially founded as a self funded health program to fill service delivery gap in communities during the political insurgency in the Rwenzori region of Western Uganda that witnessed human rights abuses, gender based violence, breakdown in social and health systems; ACODEV has grown and expanded its programs for the benefit of communities targeting children and youth in various districts of Uganda. Today we have presence in more than 28 districts in Western, Central and Northern regions of Uganda. We are spreading our wings with different innovative development and humanitarian programs to other parts of Uganda, East and Southern Africa.
ACODEV envisions a society where children, women and men are happy, healthy and economically productive. We strive to serve and empower individuals, families and communities through innovative solutions in the areas of human rights, HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, child health and institutional capacity strengthening in East and Southern Africa. Our values include mutual respect for all, commitment, integrity and excellence. Our interventions are now anchored on i) Human Rights Program focusing on child rights governance and protection of children from violence, exploitation and abuse ii) Adolescent Reproductive Health program targeting reduction of emotional and health burdens faced by adolescents/youth; mothers, newborns and children; and iii) HIV/AIDS Prevention and Mitigation that addresses prevention and impact of HIV/AIDS in order to achieve reduction in prevalence and effects of the disease to individuals, families and communities.
Project Filed Officer (I post) Job summary: The purpose of this position is to strengthen community structures for effective mobilization of targeted population in the refugee and host communities in Adjumani district for increased use of family planning services.
Roles & Responsibilities 1) In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, develop monthly, quarterly and annual plan for effective and efficient implementation of the project 2) Lead in the identification of Village Health Teams that will create demand for Family planning services 3) Coordinate the training programs of the Village Health Teams in the enhancement of skills and its application for increased use of quality Family Planning Services by the targeted population 4) Facilitate processes that lead to the mainstreaming of family planning programs among Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLAs) groups for effective use of FP services among members of the VSLAs 5) Work closely with the targeted Health Facilities and Village Health Teams to conduct Family Planning outreaches for increased access to family planning services to the targeted populations in hard to reach areas of the targeted geographies 6) Supervise the Village Health Teams to ensure they are providing education on the benefit of Family planning methods mix; counselling potential clients about side effects of family planning, management of referral by making a follow up to ensure that the referred clients received FP services at the targeted facilities, conducting post FP
service counselling to ensure retention of clients on a specific methods or switching to an appropriate method of one’s choice. 7) Work closely with Reach A Hand Uganda (RAHU) in the development and dissemination of Behaviour Change Communication materials that support demand for increased uptake of family planning services among the targeted clients 8) Work closely with the targeted health facilities and Village Health Teams to conduct outreaches targeting population that are residing in hard to reach locations 9) Work closely with the targeted facilities and Village Health Team to minimize discontinuity of the Family Planning methods through effective counselling and targeted follow clients 10) Supervise the Village Health Teams and Health Facilities to ensure they are fully stocked with the family planning method mix and that the facilities have the required equipment’s and commodities for carrying out insertions and removal of Long Acting Reversible Methods (LARM) including cervical cancer screening commodities 11) With the technical guidance of the M&E/ Knowledge Management Officer, document best practices, lessons learnt and emerging issues including side effects, client satisfaction, and discontinuation. 12) Provide support to the M&E/ Knowledge management Officer by ensuring that service data from VHTs and Service providers at the targeted Health facilities is collected for entry into the M&E data base. 13) Write reports for the approval of the Project Coordinator and thereafter onward consolidation of the monthly, quarterly, Semi Annually and Annually project reports by the Program Manager 14) Actively participate in the partner Family Planning / Reproductive Health (FP/RH) meetings at sub-country and district levels to review performance, discuss challenges, identify adaptation solutions in the course of project implementation
Experience and Technical Competence
1) A minimum of three (3) years working experience in the mobilization of targeted groups for increased use of health related services including Family Planning
2) Experiences in strengthening community structures to effectively engage in development with specific focus to building the capacities of VHTs and VSLAs 3) Partner engagement and collaboration for effective use of the available resources within the district set up 4) Demonstrable training skills spanning from assessment of training needs, facilitating community training events as well as evaluation of the outcome of the investment in training particularly of the community groups including Village Health Teams
5) Planning skills resulting into the developments of work plans that are implemented on a timely manner
6) Excellent communication skills, both oral and written including report writing;
7) Self-driven individual that works under minimum supervision; meeting timelines in regard to planning, submission of reporting (narrative and financial).
8) A team player with the zeal of working in close collaboration with other project members to deliver quality outputs and results 9) Experienced in the use of software applications include Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
• Diploma in Nursing, Midwifery or Clinical medicine, relevant experience in Reproductive Health and Training in Family Planning is of added advantage.
• At least three years’ experience and working knowledge in related field. • Possess excellent skills and experience in report writing and participatory planning,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Email, word processing, spreadsheets Mode of Application Applications (only the cover letter and CV) be submitted e-mail : email@example.com by Friday, 10th September 2019.