MAKERERE UNIVERSITY JOINT AIDS PROGRAM (MJAP)
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a private-not-for profit Company under Makerere University. MJAP works to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB, Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and other diseases of public health importance in Africa.
MJAP is seeking for a competent, passionate and dynamic individual to fill the position of Project coordinator to support the Education for Interprofessional HIV service delivery in Uganda (EIPHIV-Uganda) project. EIPHIV-Uganda is an 8 – Month’s project is funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), through Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), e University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and the African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth). EIPHIV-Uganda project aims to equip pre-service and post-training healthcare professionals with knowledge and skills to offer interprofessional services for HIV at Makerere and its collaborating institutions. MJAP will implement the STRIPE-HIV as part of Makerere University College of Health Sciences (Mak CHS).
Role: Project Coordinator
Reports to: EIPHIV-Uganda- Principal Investigator (PI)
Duration of the contract: 8 months Duty Station: Kampala
To lead the Planning, Implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation of all project activities and ensure compliance of the project to all administrative policies and reporting needs required for the EIPHIV-Uganda project and MJAP.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. To lead the Planning, Implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation of the EIPHIV-Uganda project
2. To develop monthly work plans and track the implementation of all project activities according to plan
3. Develop and track the project budget , payments, and accountabilities
4. Supervise and appraise the project administrator and support him/her to deliver on their tasks
5. Coordinate all project activities and ensure that the project achieves its intended outputs in a timely fashion while marinating high quality
6. To convene the two weekly progress meetings with the project implementation team, PI and the EIPHIV-Uganda team via online planforms
7. To convene monthly progress meetings and ensure documentation and application of all meeting outputs
8. Coordinate the selection of trainees for the EIPHIV-Uganda project
9. To link the MAK-CHS and its collaborating institutions and serve as the immediate contact person 10. To develop and disseminate monthly, Quarterly and end of project reports to the PI, the funding agency and all stakeholder in a timely manner
11. Participate in the development of essential project documents including revising training materials, report templates and any other resources as and when necessary
12. Review all requisitions for supplies, services and funds to run the EIPHIV-Uganda Project and ensure that the necessary supplies and logistics needed to run the project are available in time 13. To review all accountability documents for project funds and ensure compliance of all project transactions to donor and MJAP policies 14. Ensure that the organization’s properties are appropriately utilized and well maintained
Qualifications and other key competencies:
Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine or Nursing, and a Masters’ in Public Health, Health Education or a related field from a recognized university.
At least 3 years’ of clinical experience in a busy HIV setting including both inpatient and outpatient care
Must be registered with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners or other appropriated Council with a valid Practicing license
Experience in coordinating a large and busy HIV program, leading teams and managing donor funds.
Demonstrated experience in budgeting and people management
Excellent teamwork, communication skills (both oral and written) with strong management and analytical skills.
Extensive knowledge of current PEPFAR priorities, Uganda MoH policies and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
Excellent report writing skills
Working knowledge of MS office Computer packages and other data analysis packages.
Ability to travel in the field frequently
Ability to work with limited supervision.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to; The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP), not later than 20th August, 2019 by 5:00pm.
Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB.
We do appreciate your interest to work with MJAP. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the submission deadline.