UWONET is recruiting Project Assistants to support the implementation of the project on Galvanizing the strength of the women’s movement: A Voice and Accountability aimed at strengthening sub national women’s civil society organizations through technical and financial support in delivering a nation-wide advocacy effort for attitudinal and behavioral change towards VAW/G and women’s movement building.
Deadline – October 2nd 2019
Title: Project Assistants
Location: Kampala, Tororo, Arua, Kyegegwa, Kasese, Amudat, and Kitigum
Reports to: Project Officer
The Project Assistant will be responsible for day to day planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the UWONET Project on advancing Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE) and strengthening the women’s movement in the target Districts supported by the UN Women under the spot light programme. He/She will ensure that the project meets its targets within the specified technical support in the planning, implementation, coordination and reporting of field activities with the aim of advancing GEWE
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Project implementation and reporting
1. Effectively plan and implement the day to day activities of the project as per the agreed workplan and contractual obligations.
2. Networking with the district local government and community-based organizations through attending relevant sector meetings, steering committee meetings at district level.
3. Identify and strengthen Community structures through engaging community leaders, and other stakeholders to ensure attainment of project goals and objectives.
4. Support district networks in their area of work to initiate, design, implement and strengthen advocacy initiatives relating to prevention and response to Violence and Against Women (VAWG) including SGBV and promoting SHRH
5. Support in addressing and referral VAW/G cases to relevant stakeholders
6. Proactively prepare quality and timely weekly, monthly and quarterly reports in line with organizational and development partners reporting guidelines
7. Support and guide District Networks in providing incidence reports on major VAWG and SGBV issues
8. Provide guidance and visibility to the programme
9. Receive visitors and Represent UWONET at the Districts
10. Support in referral of cases to relevant duty bearers
Logistics / finance
11. Responsible for compliance with development partners and internal UWONET reporting and accountability policy and procedures
Monitoring and Evaluation
12. Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects and intervention.
13. Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success stories, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points
14. As and when, perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
15. Adhere to UWONETs code of conduct, policies and procedures.
•A University degree in any social sciences, guidance and counseling, Developmental studies or relevant fields.
•Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with vulnerable communities, basic prevention, response, programming experience, and/or advocacy programs and working with duty bearers on SGBV and VAW.
•Experience of working with Non‐Governmental organizations.
•Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
•Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness
•Good Computer skills.
•Good self-organization and basic management skills.
•Knowledge of the local languages spoken in the district of operation is an added advantage.
Contract: This will be a 1 years contract renewable subject to performance assessment and availability of funds
How to apply:
Applications should be in English and include the following:
1.A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
2.Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .by 2nd October 2019 5:00pm clearly indicating position name and District of preference in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; No application will be received after 2nd /10/2019 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: UWONET is an equal opportunities organization and all qualifying applicants are encouraged to apply