BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. For more information please visit BRAC’s website, www.brac.net. BRAC Uganda invites suitably qualiﬁ ed candidates to ﬁ ll up the following available vacant positions.
Job title : Project assistant – TB Wave7
Position : 4
Location : West Nile
Core Roles and Responsibilities.
1. Supervise and monitor CHWs activities.
2. Support CHWs in conducting day today house hold visits.
3. Support CHWs in TB screening and case detections, follow up and contact tracing.
4. Support the CHWs in mobilizing communities and conducting health education activities on the spread and TB.
5. Submit timely reports to supervisors.
• Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Required Qualiﬁ cations and Skills.
• Minimum of a certiﬁ cate in health related ﬁ eld or Diploma in related ﬁ elds.
• Health related experience in community work
• Good communication skills. Ability to speak the WestNile local language is added advantage
• Good report writing skills & ability to use phone applications.
Interested candidates should send their Application (addressed to the Manager, HR & Training) & CV by email to email@example.com. The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly. Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: Thursday 31st October, 2019. BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer