MAKERERE UNIVERSITY JOINT AIDS PROGRAM (MJAP)
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a private-not-for profit Company under Makerere University. MJAP works to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB, Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and other diseases of public health importance in Africa.
MJAP is seeking for a competent, passionate and dynamic individual to fill the position of Project Administrator to support the Education for Inter-professional HIV service delivery in Uganda (EIPHIV-Uganda) project. EIPHIV-Uganda is an 8 – Month’s project is funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), through Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), e University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and the African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth). EIPHIV-Uganda project aims to equip pre-service and post-training healthcare professionals with knowledge and skills to offer inter-professional services for HIV at Makerere and its collaborating institutions. MJAP will implement the STRIPE-HIV as part of Makerere University College of Health Sciences (Mak CHS).
Role: Project Administrator
Reports to: EIPHIV-Uganda- Principal Investigator (PI)
Duration of the contract: 8 months Duty Station: Kampala
To provide effective administrative support to the project management activities, and ensure compliance with all the administrative policies, procedures and regulations of the EIPHIV-Uganda project and MJAP and MJAP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In liaison with Project Coordinator, prepare project budgets and reviews; make requisitions for conducting project activities, based on the approved work plan and budget.
2. Prepare the administrative work plan and budget and submit to the Project Coordinator for review and approval; and monitor the budget utilization.
3. Support the Program Coordinator to operationalize the field program activities by maintaining a project activities calendar; and monitoring completion of field activities.
4. Work closely with the MJAP Procurement office for timely procurements and availability of all required resources for the field activities.
5. Coordinate the planning and provision of all the administrative and logistical requirements of project activities. E.g. training, workshops, travel, etc.
6. Liaise with the finance office to process payments for the timely implementation of activities.
7. Safeguard and monitor the utilization of project equipment and assets by ensuring security and practicing preventive mechanical maintenance.
8. Develop and maintain an updated project filing system (electronic and manual) and ensure
safe custody of key project documents.
9. Support the Project Coordinator to perform field operational visits in Kampala and upcountry, make follow ups and prepare field reports.
10. Support the Project Coordinator to prepare and submit reports on the implementation of training activities.
11. Prepare and submit accurate, complete and timely monthly Administration/operations reports to the Project Coordinator.
Key requirements and personal competencies:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and/or related field from a recognized institution.
At least 3 years’ of administrative experience in managing operations of a US funded project Integrity, Time management skills
Ability to work under high pressure; with limited supervision.
Ability to travel in the field frequently
Experience in coordinating a large and busy HIV program, leading teams and managing donor funds
Demonstrated experience in budgeting and people management
Excellent teamwork, communication skills (both oral and written) with strong management and analytical skills.
Excellent report writing skills
Working knowledge of MS office Computer packages and other data analysis packages.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: email@example.com addressed to; The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP), not later than 20th August, 2019 by 5:00pm.
Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB.
We do appreciate your interest to work with MJAP. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the submission deadline