Job Title: Procurement officer
Reports To: Operation Manager
About yauga general merchants limited (YGM):
Yauga General Merchants limited (YGM) is a global company with its head office in Kampala. With the aim of the Board of Directors and Management to employ qualified, innovative and energetic professionals and support staff to execute the mandate of the Company to take a lead role in developing large scale mechanised modern agriculture in Northern Uganda. As we look forward to Increased quality distribution of goods in the area and become a lead agency for Distribution in Uganda.
You will effectively perform various activities throughout the procurement cycle to assist the acquisition of goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the premises. Your abilities will allow you to successfully support the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities applying the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
• Coordinate fully compliant procurement systems and operating procedures. Assess effectiveness and efficiency and recommend improvements. Contribute to ensuring compliance with YGM procurement principles, standards, and policies, donor regulations, and local statutory requirements.
• Accountable for transparency within the procurement department through ensuring a complete, accurate and up-to-date document trail of all procurement processes, vendor files, procurement and inventory database to assist with control and accountability. Prepare reports and facilitate document retrieval.
• Maintain correspondence and constant contact with suppliers to follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions, and handle issues if needed. Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
• Coordinates and supports requestors to prepare complete and comprehensive Purchase Requisition Forms.
• Assists with the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
• Ensures effective and cost-conscious undertaking of market pricing research and continuous search for competent, reputable, and reliable suppliers of goods or services.
• Support vendor mapping / Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
• Purchases value for money items following YGM procurement documents (i.e. Purchase Order), instructions, and standards.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Logistic and Procurement Management, Business Administration or related field a required. Bachelor’s Degree a plus
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in supporting procurement/purchasing, logistics, and/or administration processes and activities.
• Membership of professional body in procurement &supply chain (CIPS) is an added advantage.
• Good writing skills.
• Knowledge of local market conditions.
• Knowledge in MS Office package (Excel and Word).
• Strong attention to detail with good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized organizational codes of ethics
• Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
• Fluency in oral and written English.
YGM’ talent acquisition procedures reflect the aim of the Board of Directors and Management to employ qualified, innovative and energetic professionals and support staff to execute the mandate of the Company
All interested candidates should send their applications including a cover letter, update copy of resume with 3 referees and Copies of academic documents (in one document) addressed to the HR Manager, Yauga Merchants Limited to email@example.com & copy firstname.lastname@example.org . Kindly indicate Procurement Officer in the subject line of the email.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic only online applications shall be considered. Deadline for submission of applications is 10th august 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted By YGM. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Women are encouraged to apply. YGM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information Contact Mudashir Afema on 0778942221 and Atibo Muzamil on 0781890213