Job : Procurement officer
Organization: Dwelling Places
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job type: Full- Time
Dwelling Places (DP) is a registered Christian Non-Governmental Organization which specialises in the rescue, rehabilitation, reconciliation, resettlement and follow-up of children living on the streets. The overall objective of DP is to have a society where every child has a chest to rest their head on and a place to call home
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer plays an important role within Dwelling Places. This position ensures that Delling Places is making wise purchases of goods or services to improve beneficiary livelihoods. The procurement and logistics officer will be responsible for implementing all procurement and logistics activities including acquisition of goods and services and will also be responsible and accountable for managing and delivering quality logistic services and goods for the organization in a timely manner, within budget and policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases
· Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
· Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
· Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
· Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
· Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
· Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
· Negotiate pricing and supply contracts for better deals
· Ensure that the products and supplies are of high quality
· Create and maintain an inventory of all incoming and current supplies
· Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
· Develop procurement policies and procedures in accordance with international standards;
· Work with the program, planning and evaluation teams to develop a procurement pipeline based on program designs
· Perform other duties as requested by management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field.
· At least two years of experience as a procurement officer or related position preferably in an NGO setting.
· Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policies, and systems.
· High level of integrity and confidentiality
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
· Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
· Organized and detail oriented
· Able to build relationships and work effectively within teams;
· Has experience in stores management
· Able to travel 20% of the time to Delling Places field operations
· A handwritten application letter with a CV and academic qualifications
· A Pastor’s letter
· LC1 letter
· Two passport size photos
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates Deliver applications to: Dwelling places head office -off Nalukolongo Masaka road near Mutundwe Police Station or, email firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0312-513701.
Deadline: 22nd November 2019 at 5:00 pm