Open to Internal and External Candidates
Finance and Admin Assistant (national position)
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in
more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion,
origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation
measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian
values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the
following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene
(WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International has been implementing projects in Uganda for over two decades focussing mainly
on health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, livelihood and environment.
For its work in Arua, Uganda Malteser International is looking for an experienced person to fill the position
Finance and Admin Assistant (national position)
The incumbent is responsible for petty cash Management, record Keeping of Financial Documents
& Contracts and preparation of Coding stamps and FTL entries for specific Cashbooks. Direct
reporting line to the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO).
• Manage the day-to-day financial and administrative operations and office support systems,
• Responsible for the petty cash Management and handle work advances at the field Office including
• Post all Petty Cash transactions into the MI Daily Expenses Log (Excel sheet) and then imports all
data to FTL at the Project Location
• Supports in Preparing the coding stamps for all cash books in the Project Location for review by
• Support FAO in scanning all coding stamps on monthly basis at the project location
• Supports program staff in payments in the field during activity implementation.
• Conduct daily and weekly cash count protocols with the Finance and Admin Officer
• Support the FAO in Ensuring that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting
documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
• Act as Bank Agent for the deposits and withdraws for Malteser International Arua Bank Accounts
• Ensure that all Petty Cash payments are made on time
• Support and contribute to Organizational Audits both Internal and External
• Maintains the finance filing system electronically and hard copies.
Human Resource and Administration
• Maintains a good archiving system for HR files (soft and hard) as well as maintaining the records
of incentive workers.
• Ensures and maintains up to date records of the staff leave
• Supports the FAO in Ensuring that monthly cost allocation sheets are duly filled by staff and filed.
• Supports in Coordinating onboarding activities for new staff as well as exit for departing staff at
• Supports the FAO in Facilitating and advising staff on the medical insurance
• Support in Office management and ensuring necessary supplies for the office and stock keeping
of the supplies and safe custody.
• Acts as the focal point for receiving all visitors and guests, ensure they are briefed and attended
to in a professional manner.
• Act as the focal point and arrange for maintenance for the office and the team houses in Arua and
supervise office support staffs (office assistant/compund cleaners)
• Support in Tracking and monitoring completion and compliance of the performance evaluation
• Working closely with the SFP and the FAO proactively ensure staff safety
• Prepare ID cards and in charge of custody and issuance of MI visibility items to the staffs.
• Take minutes of the team meetings and keep records of the official communications
• Ensures all expenses are authorized and approved in line with the signatory Regulations at the
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
• Any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and experience.
• The Finance Assistant should possess a university degree in Finance, Business Administration, or
• At least 2 years of relevant experience with good understanding of donor and INGO procedures,
• strong organizational skills.
• computer literate with hands on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
• A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program
• Should have a clear understanding of finance ethics and donor compliance
• Fluency in English (written and spoken)
➢ Starting date: As soon as possible
➢ Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
➢ Duration of contract: 12 months
➢ Kindly note that this a national position with a local contract
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation and copies of diplomas) preferably as one
attachment by midnight 23 June 2020 EAT. The email subject should be the title of the position that you
are applying for.
D-51103 Cologne / Germany