The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD), through its Programme Management Unit (PMU) is implementing the second Phase of the Expanding Social Protection Programme (ESPII). The goal of ESP is to reduce chronic poverty and improve life chances for poor men, women and children in Uganda. The programme aims to embed a national social protection system, including social assistance for the poorest and most vulnerable, as a core element of Uganda’s national planning and budgeting processes. A core element of the Programme is the Social Assistance Grants for Empowerment (SAGE) under which government provides the Senior Citizens Grant to older persons. Government with support from Development partners is currently in the process of rolling out the Senior Citizens Grant to all districts in the country.
The MGLSD through the PMU seeks to recruit competitive, competent and well-motivated persons to ﬁ ll 27 vacant positions in the Expanding Social Protection (ESP) Programme. The positions are contractual, running up to June 2022.
Position 2: Operations/RTSU Coordinator – 3 positions (Mbale (1), Mbarara (1) and Kampala (1) Reports to: Senior Programme Offi cer Operations
Role Deﬁ nition:
Provides technical and operational leadership at the regional level. S/he oversees and supports implementation, coordination, reporting, trainings, registration, enrollment, payments, grievance and complaints management, change management and compliance with Expanding Social Protection Programme Guidelines. Establish and maintain a good working relationship and eff ective coordination between the Regional and district level implementation structures of SAGE.The position will manage a team and will be responsible for team outputs.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Preparation and submission of payment plans/work plans by the 28th of the months preceding payments.
2. Preparation and submission of monthly reports by the 5th day and quarterly reports by 15th day of the new month.
3. Preparation and submission of weekly updates of activities undertaken and planned every Friday of the week.
4. Collaborative mechanisms and healthy relationships with the District Local Government and Civil Society Organizations nurtures and maintained.
5. Programme assets are put to optimal use
6. Timely submission of staff performance appraisal reports Education requirements: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Social Works and Administration, Development Studies, Adult and Community Education, Social Science, Statistics, Public Administration or an equivalent profession. A post-graduate diploma in a relevant ﬁ eld
will be preferred. A Master’s degree in Social Protection or Management will be an added advantage Minimum experience: A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in community programing or team management. Experience of working with governments, non-governmental organizations and/or research institutions, in Uganda. Knowledge in managing cash transfer programs preferable.
How to Apply:
Suitably qualiﬁ ed and interested candidates should send application letters, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees along with the relevant certiﬁ ed copies of academic transcripts, certiﬁ cates to: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development Headquarters (Security Registry) on second (2) Floor Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street P.O Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda. Application deadline is 23rd August 2019, 11:00am Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Should you not hear from us after two weeks of closing date of submissions, consider your application unsuccessful.
The Ministry is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, religion, political affi liation, national extraction or social origin, health status or disability.