Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in 26 countries and has national offices on the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to respond to development needs and complex humanitarian emergencies. In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Re-Advertised & restricted to Adjumani only)
FH/Uganda FH Uganda is actively seeking for qualified candidates who are committed to its Heartbeat and Corporate Strategy to fill the career opening of;
Job Title: Office Attendant (01 Position)
Position Type: Fixed Term
Reports to: Finance and Admin Officer
Dotted Line Reporting to: Program Area Manager
Contract Length: 2 years Renewable upon performance
Start Date: Immediate
The office attendant/Cleaner will be responsible for the cleanliness of the entire office premises at head office. S/He will be in charge of proper custody of all office property (Steward) that is used daily.
Position in the Organization
The Office Attendant reports hierarchically to the Finance and Admin Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Result Areas;
• To keep all office premises clean at all times
• To create and consistently follow the duty roster on cleaning various offices on a weekly basis including the windows, doors venerators and verandas.
• Ensure all wash rooms are clean and have running water with all necessary detergents at all times.
• To keep the kitchen area, floor, sinks and drawers clean and tidy at all times.
• To prepare coffee/tea for all staff daily.
• To plan for quarterly office groceries
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor. (for example preparing meals for office staff or visitors whenever requested).
Education & Experience:
• Certificate in office management, counseling, social work and administration from a recognized institute.
• 1 year minimum working experience as an office attendant and customer handling in the field of administration will be an added advantage.
Competencies to Job requirements above:
• Computer including Microsoft word and internet usage.
• Customer care and people skills with the ability to engage mutually and maintain good communication with colleagues and other stakeholders.
• Ability and willingness to work in a cross-cultural setting
• High level of excellence, efficiency and effectiveness portrayed at work.
• Should portray high level of confidentiality considering the information exposed in various offices.
• Must be a committed Christian with an active role in a local Church demonstrating a life that is in accordance with a biblical worldview.
• Must be an honest, self-driven, proactive and hard working person, motivated by service to the disadvantaged and works with minimum supervision.
• A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent spoken and written proficiency in English and a local language ( Madi, Lugbara for Adjumani) is an added advantage.
PROTECTION AND SECURITY CLAUSE.
• As appropriate, shall be responsible for creating, promoting and maintaining an environment that prevents sexual exploitation and sexual abuse and take appropriate measures for this purpose.
• Implement an orientation for all staff including an understanding of the code of conduct and consequences.
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Mentioning the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday 30th September, 2019 at 4:30pm.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 08th October, 2019. FHU has policies including a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign.