The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD), through its Programme Management Unit (PMU) is implementing the second Phase of the Expanding Social Protection Programme (ESPII). The goal of ESP is to reduce chronic poverty and improve life chances for poor men, women and children in Uganda. The programme aims to embed a national social protection system, including social assistance for the poorest and most vulnerable, as a core element of Uganda’s national planning and budgeting processes. A core element of the Programme is the Social Assistance Grants for Empowerment (SAGE) under which government provides the Senior Citizens Grant to older persons. Government with support from Development partners is currently in the process of rolling out the Senior Citizens Grant to all districts in the country.
The MGLSD through the PMU seeks to recruit competitive, competent and well-motivated persons to ﬁ ll 27 vacant positions in the Expanding Social Protection (ESP) Programme. The positions are contractual, running up to June 2022.
Position 4: Monitoring and Evaluation Offi cer – 3 positions (Mbale (1), Mbarara (1) and Kampala (1) Reports to: Operations/RTSU Coordinator Job role: To implement, monitor and evaluate systems to enhance quality control, improve internal processes and results delivery underpinning accountability at various levels. Contribute to overall program learning and sharing. KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Extraction of data for monitoring from the MIS and use it for analysis, planning and decision-making.
2. Prepare reports on the process monitoring indicators, detailing progress against work plan, challenges and recommendations.
3. Provide inputs to various review meetings at district level where lessons learned are discussed, improvements for the design and operations are proposed and strategies on how lessons learned can be applied.
4. Ensure that pay point-monitoring reports from all pay points in the district are immediately submitted and captured at the end of each payment cycle.
5. Lead the planning, implementation and documentation of ﬁ ndings of monitoring visits. 6. Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to SPO M&E and the PMU staff .
7. Manage beneﬁ ciary database containing information on enrolment, payments, grievance and complaints. Participate in documentation and resolution of beneﬁ ciary complaints in line with complaint management and resolution guidelines and share this with the Complaints and Grievance Offi cer. Education requirements: University degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Science or related ﬁ eld. Post graduate diploma in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage. Minimum experience: Three (3) years’ experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by Donors/Government. Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
How to Apply:
Suitably qualiﬁ ed and interested candidates should send application letters, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees along with the relevant certiﬁ ed copies of academic transcripts, certiﬁ cates to: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development Headquarters (Security Registry) on second (2) Floor Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street P.O Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda. Application deadline is 23rd August 2019, 11:00am Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Should you not hear from us after two weeks of closing date of submissions, consider your application unsuccessful.
The Ministry is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, religion, political affi liation, national extraction or social origin, health status or disability