World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant – MENU Project
Report to: Project Manager
Location: Lira District
Purpose of the position:
To support the project in systematic data collection and management of up to date databases for timely and evidence based reporting, to ensure quality implementation and accountability within the framework of World Vision and Harvest Plus standards and guidelines.
Planning and Implementation
- Participate in the development of the key documents including DIP, M&E Plans, Log frames to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Conduct Routine Field Monitoring of Project interventions and take lead in the review/design of data collection tools to track Project progress
- Establish activity implementation tracking mechanism as a tool to verify progress
- Ensure the various project documents are consistent and well aligned to the overall strategy
- Participate in the monthly staff reflection meetings sharing progress and drawing actions
- Participate in Quarterly Review Meetings internally and externally with relevant Stakeholders sharing output and outcome data and generating actions.
- Mobilize local level partners including VHTs, teachers, health workers, religious leaders and facilitate them in the implementation of M&E activities
- Participate in Joint monitoring visits with sub-county and district stakeholders, farmers, for learning and awareness raising annually
- Keep an update of relevant data tools, their safety and timely access by the relevant staff
- Perform Routine and timely data processing and entry into designed database
- Assist in both quantitative and qualitative analysis & preparation of draft M&E reports that will allow for an enhanced output analysis
- Take lead in systematic data collection through assessments to assess the project outcomes and provide actionable recommendations to improve the project.
- Track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
- Design a mechanism for verifying data submitted, where the staff either sign or use other methodologies to ascertain that particular data has been submitted
- Check and verify submitted data for completeness, including data summaries, use of correct data tools and any errors are corrected by relevant staff before filing
- Support the project team with data management and identifying programmatic issues and prompt corrective actions to enhance the project objectives.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines
- Create and organize files for storage of raw data, both in soft and hard copies
- Ensure compliance and processing protocols in order to meet standards for quality and accuracy.
- Create databases for data entry as agreed by donor and WVU
- Input data collected to the agreed data base and share the findings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct periodic mandatory data quality assessment (DQA) for data accuracy and completeness before reporting
- Give updates on issues related to quality and assist in implementing actions to address compromise in data quality
Learning and Documentation
- Participate in capacity building events organized by donor in fields of Seeds systems, Nutrition, Marketing and Product development, Advocacy as and when called on
- Guide staff on proper photo and video capture for story compilation
- Participate in documentation of best practices, lessons learnt, survey reports
- Support Project Manager in compiling monthly Partner updates to share with the relevant stakeholders
- Furnish the Project Manager with data to feed into monthly and Quarterly activity progress reports
- Create a forum or database where progress stories, photos and other key relevant documents can be safely posted and stored for reference
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Diploma in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, IT/Computer Studies or Secretarial Studies
- At least 2 years of Demonstrated experience in participatory data collection and data management.
- Excellent demonstrated computer skills in various statistical packages including MS ACCESS, SPSS, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and internet with ability to learn and apply Horizon applications
- Demonstrated ability to design/formulate monitoring tools
- Ability to communicate accurately in English language and knowledge of local language an advantage
- Commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliable and dependable
- Able to ride a Motor Cycle with a valid rider’s permit-class A