Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of Greater Masaka region in Uganda.
MECHANIC – 2 POSITIONS (KALISIZO)
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY Under the overall supervision of the Transport Coordinator, the mechanic will be responsible for servicing Rakai Health Sciences Program fleet. The Mechanic will carry out preventative and predictive maintenance on all program fleet. In addition, the mechanic will be responsible for completing daily maintenance and repair logs, maintaining and securing work tools, examining vehicles/plant to determine extent of damage or malfunctions and performing routine and scheduled maintenance services for all fleet equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform routine preventive maintenance, servicing, inspections and repair of Rakai Health Sciences Program vehicles, including motorcycles, generators and related equipment;
• Recover and maintain broken down vehicles/generator using proper techniques to minimize the risk of additional damage and accident;
• Report on works carried out, including the consumption of spare parts, lubricants, and other items used in the repair of vehicles/generators including time starting and completion of work; Report any workmanship failure that occurred during repairs;
• Conduct preventative and predictive maintenance on all Rakai Health Sciences Program vehicles, motorcycles and equipment at the station
• Keep in a good order all repair tools and equipment;
• Prepare and submit periodic reports as per approved mechanical checklists.
• Assist in checking vehicles or generators for mechanical fitness and in performing major repairs; Use computerized shop equipment;
• Perform other related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• The ideal candidate for the mechanic vacancy should have a minimum of Uganda Certificate of Certificate (U.C.E).
• Excellent knowledge on vehicles repair and maintenance are highly desired.
• Vocational training program in automotive service technology or relevant mechanical/technical trainings gained from a recognized institution;
• At least two (2) years’ experience in commercial and light vehicle repair that includes mechanical, electronics or panel beating gained from a reputable organization; Valid and clean driver’s license for commercial and light vehicles is a requirement;
• Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of how vehicles work and how various parts of the vehicle interact with each other;
• Ability to deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
• A valid driving license is a must
• Good command of English is vital;
Applications: All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the Job title under subject of the mail. Only Online applications will be considered Deadline for Submission: Close of business by 5:00pm, Friday, 6th September 2019 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification