Job Title: M&E/ Knowledge Management Officer-Adjumani # of Positions: One (1) Duty Stations: Adjumani district Reports to: Project Coordinator (PC)
About ACODEV: ACODEV is an NGO that was established in 2003 and fully registered by government of Uganda. Initially founded as a self funded health program to fill service delivery gap in communities during the political insurgency in the Rwenzori region of Western Uganda that witnessed human rights abuses, gender based violence, breakdown in social and health systems; ACODEV has grown and expanded its programs for the benefit of communities targeting children and youth in various districts of Uganda. Today we have presence in more than 28 districts in Western, Central and Northern regions of Uganda. We are spreading our wings with different innovative development and humanitarian programs to other parts of Uganda, East and Southern Africa.
ACODEV envisions a society where children, women and men are happy, healthy and economically productive. We strive to serve and empower individuals, families and communities through innovative solutions in the areas of human rights, HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, child health and institutional capacity strengthening in East and Southern Africa. Our values include mutual respect for all, commitment, integrity and excellence. Our interventions are now anchored on i) Human Rights Program focusing on child rights governance and protection of children from violence, exploitation and abuse ii) Adolescent Reproductive Health program targeting reduction of emotional and health burdens faced by adolescents/youth; mothers, newborns and children; and iii) HIV/AIDS Prevention and Mitigation that addresses prevention and impact of HIV/AIDS in order to achieve reduction in prevalence and effects of the disease to individuals, families and communities.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support to the project by guiding initiation and implementation of all MEAL activities including assisting project teams in defining indicators, developing data collection tools, and defining data collection methodologies as well as leading in data assessments and project audit.
Roles and Responsibilities • Work closely with the Project Coordinator and M&E Manager to develop and implement the project M&E plan, data collection tools, and facilitate the use of data collection tools at all levels, through mentorship.
• . Develop and maintain a project database that support data tracking for all the project lifecycle M&E activities from design to end line evaluation
• Carry out routine data quality assessments at service delivery points and provide actionable recommendations to improve performance of the project.
• Generate guidelines to support supervision and quality assurance of the community health workers
• . Actively contribute to strategic planning and work plan development based on data generated from the M&E system
• Support the program to strengthen the capacity of project staff, Village Health Teams and Service Providers in the targeted facilities and volunteers in collecting, analyzing and utilizing data for decision making;
• Organize and conduct periodic meetings with local collaborating agencies, partners and stakeholders to review progress, highlight achievements, challenges, and lessons learned.
• Provide support in preparing and reviewing reports and verifying consistency between collected data and means of verification frameworks
• In collaboration with the Knowledge Manager, facilitate field level learning events to capture, document lessons learned for adoption and replication
• Provide monthly analysis with updates on the project implementation status and point out areas of concern; generate recommendations for corrective action by the implementation team
• Support the project coordinator in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Bi annual and annual reports through provision of timely accurate and updated data.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
a) A minimum of 3 years of MEAL experience with reputable national development institutions including Civil Society Organization (CSO) b) Demonstrated experience translating log frames and results frameworks into monitoring plans, developing data collection tools and protocols, leading data collection and management process, designing and managing databases, and analyzing data.
c) Demonstrated technical expertise in implementing complex M&E performance management plans, including the ability to make determinations of methods to best measure results
d) Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
e) Excellent analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
f) Experience using software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA, NVivo, Excel and SAS.
g) Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
h) Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, outlook Power Point).
i) Strong analytical thinking, able to pay attention to detail, organizational skills, timeliness, and work ethic; Able to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with minimum supervision Education: University degree in statistics, economics, social sciences or related discipline from reputable institution. Additional qualifications is an advantage.
Mode of Application Applications (only the cover letter and CV) be submitted e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 10th September 2019.