Job title:Logistics and Administrative Officer
Based at Head Office Reports to: Human Resource Manager Anticipated
start date: August 2019
Who we are
The Program for Accessible Health Communication and Education-PACE is a local health non-governmental organization and remains an affiliate of PSI. PACE is an innovative, efficient and impact-oriented organization that works towards realizing a community of Ugandans empowered to sustain healthy behavior, while significantly contributing to Ministry of Health in the areas of HIV/AIDS-care and prevention, TB, Malaria and Child survival, maternal and reproductive health, as well as access to Safe water. For more information please visit www.pace.org.ug
PACE is Looking for an experienced Individual to support Implementation of the MOH Malaria Research Study Grant in line with PACE/PSI’s vision, mission by ensuring timely availability of all necessary requirements, logistics and all facilitations for planned activities.
• Develop procurement and logistics plan and budgets and ensure timely procurement of all project supplies, logistics, and equipment.
• Liaise with finance, Supply Chain department, and other staff to ensure timely identification/ enrolment and payment of all field support staff.
• Develop the project procurement plan and ensure timely procurement of project supplies and equipment as per the approved budgets.
• In collaboration with the finance department, develop a timely and performance-based payment mechanism.
• Monitor utilization of project supplies, logistics and data collection tools and ensure availability at all times in line with budgets and work plans.
• Responsible for availability of relevant transport facilitation and fuel required for all project activities in line with approved project budgets and work plan.
• Liaise with teams for timely procurement/hire and payment for all project activities.
• Receive, sort, sign for packages and distribute mail, internal communications and correspondence within PACE to appropriate persons, write official documents and process all mail and deliveries outside PACE.
A degree in humanities a requirement, masters’ degree in related field an added advantage. Additional training in Research, Monitoring & Evaluation is an added advantage.
• Two years’ experience in planning and managing research projects or surveys, developing research and M&E project budgets and work plans.
• Experience in donor funded Non-government organization is preferred. • Knowledge and experience in operations of the district health teams.
• Experience in working with Partners especially Ministry of Health.
Key Personal Competences
• Procurement forecasting and projection skills
• Working with rural communities, local partners including Village Health workers.
• Ability to build relationships with stakeholders within and out of the organization.
• Attention to detail.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Result focused, drive change/innovation, customer service orientation and develop others
How to Apply: Interested candidates should hand deliver their applications to the PACE Office Reception, addressed to The HR Manager PACE 6th Floor, Block B, UAP Nakawa Business Park Plot 3-5 New Port Bell Road, P.O Box 8082, Kampala
Applications should reach us not later than August 9th 2019 at 5:00pm.