UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
HR/STAFF/VAC – 05/2/19 – READVERTISED
UGAFODE (MDI) seeks to fill the following vacancy available at Head Office. LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Reporting to the Head of Human Resource, the Learning & Development Officer shall be responsible for identification of staff talent and achieve high professional standards of all employees through development and implementation of comprehensive and cost effective training and development solutions such as coaching, mentorship, online training, and to identify and develop staff talent pool to enable UGAFODE (MDI) to grow a team of professional and performance oriented staff that are able to attain its business objectives.
1. L&D implementation by coordinating internal training and development programs as required to meet the identified needs of the institution and evaluating the effectiveness of these training programs with stakeholders.
2. Talent Management i.e.: implements UGAFODE (MDI) strategy on talent management in collaboration with Heads of Departments with the primary focus of participating in the identification and development of such high performing employees (HIPO staff) and for Career Development to realize optimum employee productivity and
3. Development of standard training modules in collaboration with Heads of Departments, conducting regular and
periodical assessment of training needs and to develop a program to meet the identified needs. Also develop
internal standard training modules to support a culture of learning at UGAFODE.
4. Coordination of the Performance Management process of the institution and ensure that the exercise is conducted
in a timely, effective and objective manner and that performance review outcomes are followed through in line
with UGAFODE (MDI) Annual Performance Management cycle.
5. Serve as the HR Business Partner for HR related service advisory for (Finance, Internal Audit, ICT and Procurement
& Administration) support functions.
6. In collaboration with Head-HR, takes initiative to develop the Learning & Development budget, seeks for its
approval, manages it by tracking expenditures and negotiates training contracts.
7. Develop daily/weekly/monthly reports on L&D activities to management with proposals to improving the
institution’s L&D portfolio and enhancing accountability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Good University Degree preferably in Minimum of Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Psychology or Business administration. A post graduate diploma in HRM is desirable.
At least 3 years of professional experience in Human Resource Management in a competitive business environment. HR professional membership and Professional certification (e.g. CIPD SHRM, HRMAU) is desirable.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills
Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Team leadership skills
Influential and persuasive at all organizational levels
Solution-focused, Innovative and flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
Sound knowledge of the principles of training and development as well as innovative training techniques and
Basic knowledge of the Uganda labour laws and familiarity with the International Labour laws
Basic knowledge of Banking HR Operations
Proficient in MS Office and or Learning Management Systems (LMS)
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, submit a motivation letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email: email@example.com. Please indicate the job title you are applying for in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources and the closing date for receiving all applications is September 13, 2019.