AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Uganda Cares (AHF- UC) which is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation (U.S.A) to provide free HIV/AIDS services; including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings. AHF – Uganda Cares to date operates in districts including; Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Hoima, Nakasongora, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Busia and supports 54 clinic sites country wide. The organisation now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the positions below;
Laboratory Assistant (3)
Based at Kakuuto HC III in Kyotera District, Mulanda HC III in Tororo District & AHF Soroti Clinic in Soroti District and reports to the Laboratory Services Coordinator. Laboratory Assistant administers the receiving, capturing and distribution of all specimens to ensure correct information is obtained and recorded and to facilitate the speedy processing of specimens in terms of service objectives The holder of the position performs among others the following duties;
– Receives, labels, and sorts specimens for testing according to standard operating procedures;
– Captures patient information onto the system and checks the type of specimen against the test required;
– Verifies suitability of specimen for processing and rejects unsuitable samples in accordance with set standard
– Create shipping list of samples for distribution to laboratories in order to ensure completeness of audit trail;
– Administers the distribution of specimens to ensure the correct and prioritized channeling of specimens to the
– Responsible for appropriate packaging, recording, monitoring, and of all outgoing referral specimens to ensure
that specimens are received by designated laboratory, processed, and results returned in a timely;
– Receipt and downloading of electronic referrals to correlate specimen received with information provided and
follow up accordingly, in order to improve turnaround time;
– Advises clinicians/nurses on type of samples and/or sample containers required to perform specific tests in order
to prevent incorrect specimen collection;
– Other duties may be assigned.
Academic Qualifications & Experience:
– Certificate in Medical Laboratory Sciences
– Must be registered with the Allied Health Professional Council
– Must have at least 3 years’ experience providing similar services in a reputable health facility or organization.
Previous hands on experience in HIV prevention, care and management is an added advantage
To be considered for this recruitment, please;
– Address your email application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning
position applied for in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB – any larger email will not be considered.
Address your hard copy application including telephone contact details to the:
Human Resources Manager, AIDS Healthcare Foundation Plot 54B Kira Road, Kampala.
Deadline: Friday 27 September, 2019 at 5:00pm
AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer