INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER- REF: K/IAM/19
Kisaka and Company Certified Public Accountants is an audit and management consultancy firm registered in Uganda and has existed for over 19 years now. The firm is looking for a highly motivated, result driven and qualified professional to fill the following position.
JOB TITLE: INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PARTNER
1. MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the firm’s internal audit services are carried out in line with the IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (the Standards) and according to the firm’s clients’ expectations.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Effectively manage the internal audit activity to ensure it adds value to the firm’s clients.
• Assist the Partner in formulating firm’s audit Strategy and clients’ annual audit plans.
• Establish risk-based plans to determine the priorities of the internal audit activity, consistent with the clients’ goals. He/she shall review and adjust the plan, as necessary, in response to changes in clients’ business, risks, operations, programs, systems and controls.
• Coordinating internal audit plans and activities with the clients’ management including any other internal and external providers of assurance services.
• Participate in the development of policies and procedures to guide the internal audit activity.
• Report periodically to the Partner on the internal audit activity’s purpose, authority, responsibility and performance relative to its plan and on its conformance with the Code of Ethics and the Standards.
• Supporting and conducting any investigations or audits requested by the firm’s clients.
• Reviewing and approving the final engagement communication before issuance to the Partner.
3. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Timely & good quality reports
• Clients’ satisfaction
4. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Statistics or related discipline from a recognized institution
• A member in good standing of a recognized professional accountancy Body.
• Possession of an MBA or CIA will be an added advantage.
• At least five (05) years’ experience in auditing; two (02) of which should be in a similar role. Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
5. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• High degree of integrity
• Knowledge of the IIA’s Standards, Governance, Risk management, Internal Control, Business Acumen, IT, & Data Analytics
• Critical thinking & judgment
• Creativity & Innovation
• Strong persuasion & collaborative skills
• The ability to multitask
• Good communication & presentation
• Good interpersonal skills
• Report writing and presentation skills
6. HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send their application letters, CVs, photocopies of academic degrees, professional certificates and a copy of national identity card, not later than 06th Sep 2019, quoting the reference of the position applied for. The applications should be sent, either via email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) or in hard copies and addressed to: THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER KISAKA & COMPANY CPA Plot 77 Buganda Rd P O Box 27917 KAMPALA UGANDA, Email: email@example.com Note: 1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both. 2. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.