The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD), through its Programme Management Unit (PMU) is implementing the second Phase of the Expanding Social Protection Programme (ESPII). The goal of ESP is to reduce chronic poverty and improve life chances for poor men, women and children in Uganda. The programme aims to embed a national social protection system, including social assistance for the poorest and most vulnerable, as a core element of Uganda’s national planning and budgeting processes. A core element of the Programme is the Social Assistance Grants for Empowerment (SAGE) under which government provides the Senior Citizens Grant to older persons. Government with support from Development partners is currently in the process of rolling out the Senior Citizens Grant to all districts in the country.
The MGLSD through the PMU seeks to recruit competitive, competent and well-motivated persons to ﬁ ll 27 vacant positions in the Expanding Social Protection (ESP) Programme. The positions are contractual, running up to June 2022.
Position 5: Information Systems and Technology Offi cer – 3 positions (Mbale (1), Mbarara (1) and Kampala (1)
Reports to: Operations/RTSU Coordinator
Provide IT support to RTSU staff and ensure that the IT infrastructure is properly installed, regularly maintained, fully functional so as to facilitate communication, data management, storage, retrieval, analysis and dissemination through stable internet connection.
KEY Result Areas:
1. Ensure complete command on MIS processes and system
2. Validate & understand functionality of delivered updates in MIS.
Ensure suffi cient training material is available for staff .
3. Hands on computer software’s for creating presentations/ animations.
4. Act as the main focal point for the region for all questions/trainings related to MIS and its usage
5. Maintaining stable network and internet access at the RTSU
6. Provide input into the IT and communications policies as required
7. Maintain monitored internet as per approved organizational policy
8. Troubleshooting for hardware, software and general network issues
9. Liaise with service providers to ensure optimum performance at all times for RTSU’s
10. Provide technical assistance to staff at RTSU
11. Support website,sms and other digital platforms of Expanding Social Protection Programme. Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering
How to Apply:
Suitably qualiﬁ ed and interested candidates should send application letters, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees along with the relevant certiﬁ ed copies of academic transcripts, certiﬁ cates to: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development Headquarters (Security Registry) on second (2) Floor Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street P.O Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda. Application deadline is 23rd August 2019, 11:00am Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Should you not hear from us after two weeks of closing date of submissions, consider your application unsuccessful.
The Ministry is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, religion, political affi liation, national extraction or social origin, health status or disability