PostBank is a 100% Government-owned Bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. PostBank’s strategic direction is to be the financial
institution of choice for the mass market with specific emphasis on players in the micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSME’s), and also along the agriculture value chain.
The bank wishes to recruit competent, resourceful, exposed and versatile staff that are flexible and disciplined, with a clean track record (no history of disciplinary action) for the
Job Title: Head of Customer Experience
Reports to: Executive Director
The Head of Customer Experience shall be accountable for developing and
championing the implementation of the banks customer service quality
standards. The incumbent shall work with the Business Heads and Heads of key
business segments and deliver channels to develop customer services KPIs and
champion delivery of these KPIs through cross functional initiatives to ensure
that Post Bank’s customers enjoy a quality experience through their interactions
with the bank via different delivery channels
Key Result Areas/ deliverables:
1. Accountable for defining and setting service quality standards across delivery
customer touch points and delivery channels.
2. Responsible for day to day monitoring, tracking and reporting of the customer
service standards, attending to and supervision of the customer service help desk,
identifying areas for operational eciency interventions and improvement across
the entire bank in line with the overall bank strategy.
3. Develop innovative and proactive holistic customer journeys and shaping all
customer touchpoints through digital and print channels, social media & physical
interactions, in order to drive customer conversion rates across all stages of
4. Take responsibility for regular updates of the effectiveness of these plans
against targets and adapt all communication plans to reflect the changing needs
of target audiences.
5. Drive appropriate level of audience segmentation to deliver personalised and
relevant customer touch-points.
6. Lead on the development of customer benchmarking tools and analysis, to
understand activities undertaken by competitors with a focus on the overall
customer touch points.
7. Define KPIs to monitor success and progress, collect and apply learning, and
provide a go-forward process.
8. Champion a customer centric culture across the organisation by working with
the banks leadership to rollout initiatives for improving the banks customer
service culture including conducting carrying out product knowledge sessions for
all staff in an effort to boost their ability to eciently resolve customer queries
and improve product knowledge.
9. Implement an adequate complaints management framework including
capturing, tracking, follow-up, complaint resolution satisfaction and reporting
across the network in line with internal set service standards and BOU consumer
10. Leverage technology and other techniques for collecting customer satisfaction
feedback and translate insights from this information into actionable plans and
initiatives for improving customer experience across the organisation.
11. Responsible for delivering effective people management processes including
performance management and staff career planning for the Customer Experience
12. Track progress through net promoter score models/rankings
13. Monitor SLAs across the different bank units for better customer experience
Person Specification Education and training
• A Business degree in finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics,
Statistics, management or any relevant field.
• Possession of a Certified banking qualification or master’s degree in a relevant
field would be an added advantage.
• Relevant Practical training in Customer Experience in the financial services sector
Skills and experience
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience, 4 of which must have been in a competitive
corporate environment, in a senior management role.
• Must be result driven, critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and
problem-solving skills with ability to think strategically and logically.
• Ability to translate strategy into achievable performance objectives
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills with good organizational
and administrative skills
• Must have good negotiation, persuasion, selling and business acumen skills
• Sound knowledge of general banking law and practices
• Knowledge of customer experience management approaches and methodologies
• Experience partnering with cross-functional teams to enable the success of both
teams regarding customer experience
• Experience leveraging data insights to improve customer experience
• Experience successfully setting KPIs, SLAs, and metrics for customer
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a
professional manner is deemed essential.
• Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate,
and cultural boundaries.
• Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals.
• Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty.
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and leadership
• Must be a person of impeccable integrity
The following documents should accompany the application:
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good
standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Applications must reach the address below by Friday 24th July 2020 at
5.00pm and on Email: email@example.com