Position: Gender and Protection Officer
Reports to: Programme Officer
Duty station: Moroto/ Kotido
No. of Positions: 2
The incumbents will be responsible for ensuring that all AFI projects/programmes are gender transformative
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of minimum standards on gender mainstreaming and protection in AFIs programmes
- Support AFI and partners in implementing gender components of projects/programmes
- Lead and conduct gender analyses, technical studies, and assessments on gender and protection
- Ensure that programme activities are carried out with cultural sensitivity while promoting gender equality and inclusion of marginalized groups
- Works with field teams to ensure access and participation of women, men, girls and boys in AFI’s nutrition response and resilience building work.
Leads in integrating gender into MEAL processes; setting specific indicators for process monitoring and advising team in obtaining gender specific information
- Supports local stakeholders in organizing and carrying out advocacy and campaign for greater gender equality and equity in programmes.
- Contribute and share knowledge, information, best practices and lessons learnt on gender in nutrition to ensure high quality programming throughout AFI programmes/projects.
- Proactively ensure Protection and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) measures and reporting mechanism are in place and raise awareness among teams, project stakeholders and community.
- Proactively represent AFI and participate in gender and protection working groups. Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Gender studies, Law, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related area of expertise
- At least three years demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of gender preferably in food security, nutrition, livelihoods or related programmes
- Experience in developing and delivering gender training, facilitation of learning process, networking and knowledge management
- Fluency in written and spoken English a must. Working knowledge of Nga’rimojong and other languages spoken in the Karamoja region will be an added advantage
How to apply: –
Please, hand deliver your cover letter, academic documents and your detailed CV indicating day time telephone numbers, address and names of three (3) referees with their addresses to
Andre Foods International, Moroto or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dead Line for submission: 15th/June/2021 at 5:00pm
Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered