Front Desk / Finance Person
at Kikonko Lodge, Buseruka, Hoima District
Kikonko is a brand-new eco lodge opening on the escarpment of Lake Albert. It is 34km outside of Hoima and 2km from the next trading centre Buseruka. The lodge offers fantastic views over Lake Albert and up to the Blue Mountains of the Congo. The lodge has three double cottages, a large restaurant, a bar area and a swimming pool.
Kikonko aims to operate with a small number of staff who are client oriented and are excited to provide first-class service. At Kikonko we value team work, environmental awareness and exceptional friendliness.
We are looking for a front desk / finance person, who will be our face to the clients on the phone, online and of course in person on the lodge.
Responsibilities of the front desk / finance person include, but are not limited to the following:
– Manage bookings on different websites as well as in our computer system
– Update and manage Kikonko’s facebook page
– E-Mail and telephone communication with Kikonko’s clients – Check in the guests
– Compile bills and receive cash
– Operate the visa machine, keep overview of payments
– Prepare monthly accountability and manage the cashbox
The front desk / finance person directly reports to the general manager who is also on site. Furthermore, the front desk / finance person will be supported by the Kikonko accountant.
The following qualifications and skills are required:
– A degree in marketing /communication / hotel management – At least 2 years work experience in a comparable environment such as a hotel or lodge – Affinity to work with numbers – Good knowledge of the Microsoft office package, especially of Excel and Email programs – Knowledge of social media sites – Experience with online marketing is a plus – A client orientation attitude – Very good communication skills, full command of English a MUST
What we offer:
– A net salary of UGX 500.000 per month – Accommodation on the site at Kikonko
– Daily meals – 21 days paid leave per year
Please note: due to safety reasons, we do not allow any children to accompany their parents to live on the site.
If you are interested and your skills match our requirements, please send a short letter stating why you would fit into our team and your CV until October 11th to Stefanie Pollender (firstname.lastname@example.org) and clearly state in the subject line for which position you are applying. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Interviews will take place on October 18th.