LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Obongi, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
For more information about LWF World Service, please check; https://www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService
The LWF Uganda is looking for mature, qualified and experienced persons for the following position: –
Job Title: Finance, Grants & Compliance Coordinator
Place of Assignment: Kampala
Reports to: Consortium Coordinator
Job Summary: Reporting to the LEWA Consortium Coordinator, the FCC will be responsible for ensuring efficient financial control (of cash flows, local payments, etc), accountability standards, procedures and record keeping under the assigned project. He/she is expected to lead the financial oversight of the project on behalf of the Consortium members (LWF, DCA, UPMB, Mukwano). He/she will be supported by the Consortium Coordinator and the other members of the Programme Team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensure that the Consortium budgets are spent in line with the donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
2. Ensures preparation of budgets, financial management and generating of financial management information for the consortium members;
3. Ensures quality control and compliance in the procurement and management of supplies, vehicles, assets, stock, (as a delegated responsibility of the CC);
4. Ensures financial management policy and guidelines are followed at all levels as per donor requirement;
5. Ensures accurate, timely and correct bookkeeping and other financial records and in compilation into monthly financial report;
6. Prepare monthly Budget verses Actual (BVA) expenses analysis on a regular basis.
7. Providing trainings to local staff and partners as necessary in financial management\ and donor rules and regulations.
8. Liaise with EU to get a good understanding of the financial procedures and ensuring that the partners comply with EU financial regulations;
9. Develop tools and formats for financial reports in close collaboration with the CC and ensure timely financial reports and budget follow ups from the partners;
Qualifications, Experience, Essential Skills & Technical Competencies Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Finance Management, Public Administration, or their equivalent
• Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA or CMA is an added advantage
• Demonstrated experience within Consortia;
• A minimum of five years of related work experience in management position in INGOs;
• Broad working knowledge and experience of working with EU donors;
• Possess strong analytical and conceptual skills;
• Proven commitment to accountable practices;
• Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
• Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills.
Candidates who are interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title in the email subject.
Hand delivered applications can also be sent to our Offices in Kampala. Please indicate the position you have applied for on the top of the parcel addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager
Lutheran World Federation
Plot 1401, Ggaba, Road next to Quality Hill
P. O. Box 5827 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline for receiving application is Friday 31st July 2020
Officially advertised by the Human Resource Service Centre – Uganda