World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Report to:Finance Director
Location:Kampala – National Office
Purpose of the position:
The Finance Assistant is responsible for providing the overall coordination of Divisional documentation, logistics, work plans and reporting.
- Manage and consolidate Finance and Support Services (FSS) Divisional monthly reports.
- Organize and attend meetings, take minutes, send the minutes to all staff, make follow up on the action points & give feedback to the FSS Director on the progress of the action points made.
- Monitor key FSSD dates for Monthly Management Reports, Field Financial Reports, and Work plans
- Provide information and advice to staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements.
- Liaise with organization bankers and updating key information with the institutions.
- Organize and attend meetings, take minutes, send the minutes to all staff, make follow up on the action points and give feedback to the FSS Director on the progress of the action points made.
- Coordinate and provide logistical support to Finance and Support Services Division when planning conferences and workshops both at local and International levels.
- Maintain supplies/logistics inventory and preparing requisitions for office supplies and equipment.
- Analyze and coordinate logistical requirements for the FSS Division on a regular basis.
- Manage filling system and divisional library control of key document in the FSS Director office which include Divisional reports, policies, and correspondences
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them when appropriate.
- Take and relay accurate and timely messages from telephone callers, and answer queries where possible.
- Management and coordination of visitors
- Maintain FSS Director’s schedule and appointments
- Prepare reports and analysis on behalf of the FSS Director upon requested.
- Support Day-to-day accounting and finance operation when requested by the FSS Director.
- Attend daily devotions and support spiritual development of his/her team.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, business administration or relevant field
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience in similar roles
- Basic knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- Ability to communicate with vendors, clients, and other staff to resolve billing inaccuracies.
- Knowledge in logistical operations
- Effective communication skills.
- Abilities in office administration and organization
- Should be accurate and organized at work.
- Honesty and reliability
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts, both internal and external to the Organization.
- Good IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.