War Child Holland (WCH) is an international NGO investing in a peaceful future for children and
youth affected by armed conflict. WCH has been working in Uganda since 2004.
WCH is looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic person to fill the position below;
FINANCE ASSISTANT – (1 Position in Kampala)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary Range: UGX monthly Gross (915,605 – 1,420,862)
Reports to: Country Accountant
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
The Finance Assistant primarily shall be responsible for an accurate, complete and timely
bookkeeping of the Kampala office finances including Petty Cash handling, Mobile Money
transactions, and filling of all finance documents. He/she shall ensure adherence to finance
and other WCH policies at all times.
Required qualifications, competences and skills;
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field;
• At least 1 years of work experience in Finance;
• Experience working with INGO/NGO in a refugee settling with children is an added
• Experience with UNIT 4 system is added advantage.
• Experience in Excel and bookkeeping software;
• Team player.
• Strong written and verbal expressions skills;
• Good Planning and organisational skills;
• An accurate and analysing capability;
• Action mindedness, proactive approach to responsibilities;
• Ability to work with self-confidence and independently.
For more information on the job and How to APPLY, please see link below
Deadline for application is 28 June 2020: 5pm East-African Time
WCH is an equal opportunity employer; Persons with special needs are encouraged to
While we thank all applicants for their interest to work WCH, only shortlisted applicants
will be contacted.
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in Uganda, including adherence to
the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”