The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) seeks to recruit a Competent
and well-motivated Person to fill the Vacant Position of Economist –
Planning and Research. The Position is contractual, running for an initial
Five (5) Year period and subject to renewal, upon satisfactory
Job Title: Economist – Planning and Research
Supervisor Manager Planning and Research
Contract Length 5 Years
To develop and update Sector Plans, Monitor the Compliance of
Licensees with regard to License Terms and Conditions, formulate
and conduct Research of Regulatory and Policy Relevance.
1. Carry out Energy Planning including Demand and Supply
Forecasts and Participate in the Demand Growth Strategy
implementation activities of the Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) and
recommend optimal projects for implementation in the
Generation, Transmission, and Distribution Segments of the ESI.
2. Develop appropriate Benchmarks for the Economic Regulation
3. Carry out Regular Monitoring of the Electricity Supply Industry
Stakeholders in respect of the progress on Sector Plans.
4. Produce Monitoring and Evaluation Reports related to
Commercial and Economic performance aspects of the
Licensees and the overall Sector.
5. Provide support to the Pricing Unit during the Tariff Review
Process in line with demand forecast and Microeconomic
6. Prepare Sector Performance Reports.
7. Participate in ESI Research and Innovation and make
recommendations to Management.
8. Monitor the Microeconomic movements and propose measures to
minimize their Impact on the ESI.
9. Any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the
Supervisor or Management.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience
1. Honors Degree in Economics, Finance, Financial Economics,
Econometrics, or Quantitative Economics.
2. Must have at least Five (5) Years of relevant working experience in a
3. Should be proficient in Research Methodology.
4. Should be proficient in Economic modeling of relevance to the
Electricity Supply Industry.
5. Should have knowledge of Computer Applications for Financial
and Economic Analysis.
6. Should be below 35 Years of age.
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted online through the ERA Website at
The Deadline for submission of Applications is 26th June 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Applicants who do not meet the stipulated minimum requirements need not
Please note that Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of
ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof
will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an Equal Opportunity
Dated 15th June 2020