Driver Utility Van
We are looking for a structured, responsible and reliable person, working as a driver and with administrational and support tasks.
Embassy of the Republic of Uganda, Copenhagen
Driver and support staff member
Type of employment: Two-month probation period.
Tentative starting date: Immediate
Location: Embassy of Uganda, 15 Sofievej Hellerup, Copenhagen
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
• Utility van driver for the mission and members of delegations
• Advises and liaises with the Secretary on all logistical matters relating to the external meetings and functions.
• Assistance related to preparation for Embassy events at the Chancery, Residence and elsewhere.
• Responsible for the upkeep of the Car and ensures the maintenance and roadworthiness of the vehicle. This includes servicing, registration, insurance, and grooming, to include washing the interior and exterior and vacuuming interior weekly or more as required.
• Requirement to work outside the normal hours, on holidays, and weekends as required. May be required to work overtime.
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications:
• Background as driver and/or administration
• A minimum of 2 years of working experience
• Structured, responsible and reliable
• Flexible in terms of working hours
• Solution-oriented, service minded and proactive
• Good command of English. Basic command in Danish. Good knowledge of Danish will be considered an advantage.
• The chosen candidate will have to present a “No Criminal Record Certificate” and undergo an interview.
• The Embassy of the Republic of Uganda in Copenhagen is the official diplomatic representation of the Government of Uganda to the Nordic countries: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
• For any questions regarding the position, please contact the Embassy at email@example.com or +45 39620966, +45 39620953 (email is preferred).
Application and recruitment process:
• To apply for the position, please send your application, short cover letter – max. 1 page, CV – max. 2 pages, proof of relevant experience, recommendations and 2-3 references in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked ‘Application / Driver – support staff member’ no later than 25 September 2019.