Volunteering Position Advert:
Position: Documentation and Communications
Joint Effort to Save the Environment (JESE), is a national Non-Governmental Organisation implementing development programmes in; the Natural Resources Sector, WASH, Agriculture, and Humanitarian response. The organization has been in existence since 1993.
The organisation is seeking to recruit a Documentation and Communications Volunteer to support the implementation of its communication strategy.
Purpose: To manage and regularly update JESE Information systems, the communications strategy and disseminate activities and in consultation with the head of department, maintain regular contact with the stakeholders of the organisation.
Reporting to: Head of Department, Communications & Knowledge Management (KMD).
The Documentation and Communication Volunteer will be charged with the review, updating and implementation of the organisation’s communication strategy/Information systems. The ideal candidate for this position must have knowledge or interest in following sectors; Natural Resources, Agriculture, Climate Change and WASH and related Policy environment. Equally, the candidate must in addition to demonstrating robust writing skills, should have knowledge, interest and ability to work with both print and electronic media so as to; communicate key activities of the organisation including the application of multimedia/social media tools like; face book, twitter, instagram and YouTube.
The prospecting candidate must demonstrate experience/Knowledge/practice in documentation and communication. The suitable candidate should have a degree in Journalism/Mass Communication from a recognized University. An earlier work or volunteering and IT experience and knowledge will be of an added advantage.
The Documentation and communication Volunteer will have the following responsibilities;
– Facilitated the documentation of the organisation’s best practices, lessons and challenges.
– Design, implement, monitor and review the organisation’s communication strategy
– Organize and implement advocacy and communication activities
– Plan and document the organisation’s best practices and processes both in print and electronic media.
– Plan for documentation and Repackaging of information generated by the organisation.
Documentation and Communication Volunteer
– Plan and disseminate communication materials of the organisation to its respective stakeholders in creative and innovative formats
– Identify and react to the documentation needs of the organisation.
– Develop, maintain and update a stakeholder database in line with the institution’s communication strategy.
– Carry out stakeholder analyses, information needs and communications.
– Prepare, and monitor communication guidelines of the organization
– A member of the JESE editorial team
– Regularly monitor and update content on the JESE website.
– Supervise the audio-Visual production materials.
– Document best practices or the organisation’s activities.
– Prepare, review & edit policy briefs
– Prepare and disseminate content via the web and social media platforms. Where the later are not present, the Volunteer will be responsible to create them and market them widely.
– Prepare & disseminate the JESE Monthly newsletter, Climate Resilience bulletin and other print information.
– Edit JESE major publications.
– Maintain and update the institutional data base of stakeholders
– Interpret and repackage research reports for further dissemination/communication.
Period of Volunteer position: 6-12 Months.
Travel, subsistence and accommodation while with JESE: The successful candidate will be provided with accommodation and transport when in the field collecting stories or documenting cases/or whenever required.
Submission of applications and Deadline.
All applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager at the following addresses; E: email@example.com, Box 728, Fort-Portal. Or Hand delivered the application at JESE head offices, Kitumba, Binanata Zone. All applications should be delivered not later than March 31st.