Job Title: Data Assistant (45 Fresher Diploma Jobs) Organization: Intrahealth International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Intrahealth International is a non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. that has been in existence for over 30 years in more than 100 countries and it has empowered health workers to better serve communities in need. Intrahealth fosters local solutions to health care challenges by improving health worker performance, strengthening health systems, harnessing technology, and leveraging partnerships. In collaboration with governments, nongovernmental organizations, and private- sector organizations around the world, Intrahealth champions the needs and contributions of health workers—from doctors and nurses to community health workers to health facility managers—and works to ensure they have the tools, supplies, information, training, and support they need to provide communities they serve with the best possible opportunity for
health and well-being.
Job Summary: The Data Assistant performs under the leadership of the health unit in-charge. Working as part of the facility team, s/he will assist, implementation of strong data quality maintenance systems of the health unit. The Data Assistant will promote quality data standards at all points of service delivery by ensuring the generation and submission of accurate, timely, valid data to inform on quality improvement and reporting. S/he will work closely with the health information Assistant and respective unit-in chargers to compile weekly, monthly and quarterly facility HMIS and PEPFAR reports. Perform data entry to Uganda EMR, DHIS2, and RHITES-E Information Management system. Analyze and present performance data for key program indicators to inform decision making at facility level and participate in data cleaning and DQA activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with the different units in –charges to ensure completeness of the data on the patient files, and the registers (ANC, Maternity, Postnatal, Exposed Infant Register, HTS register, Laboratory registers, SMC registers, Nutrition registers, TB registers, Pre-ART and ART registers, Family Planning Register, Child/Immunization Register, prevention registers, APN registers, Missed appointment registers).
• Work with different health unit’s departments in ensuring timely, accurate, complete and valid data is generated from the respective registers into weekly, monthly, and quarterly HMIS/PEPFAR reports or any other required report and are verified before submission to the DHO, RHITES-E and MoH. The data/reports pertain to: HIV Care & Treatment program, PMTCT including EID, TB including MDR-TB, TB/HIV, HIV Counselling and Testing, VMMC, Nutrition, WASH, Gender and social inclusion, Malaria, MNCH, Family Planning, and Laboratory.
• Receiving and dealing with enquiries and requests relating to data needs
• Compile, sort, and verify accuracy of data before it is entered into the National and project
• Carry out data entry in a timely and accurate manner into Uganda EMR and the project
information system; and assists in the compilation of statistical information for reports. While Updating, maintaining and retrieving data held on computerized HIV/AIDS/Family health reporting systems.
• Work with information by transferring it from paper-based records (registers) into summary tally sheets or computerized reporting format.
• Managing the electronic data systems which include and not limited to Uganda EMR, ensuring systems are updated with the most current data.
• Maintain hardcopy and electronic data files and reports in compliance with the national/research protocols, ensuring that completed records/reports/documents are regularly stored/back up in an appropriate location.
• Maintain the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents, or re-enters verified data.
• Participate in the facility quality improvement activities which may include collecting/summarizing data and analyzing to inform progress of quality improvement interventions.
• Analyze the monthly summary statistics for key program indicators and compile reports for distribution to inform QI teams at health facility level.
• Participate in Data cleaning and assist health care workers at the designated facilities in data quality assurance as stipulated in the standard operating procedures and job aides.
• Support implementation of the above duties in two addition Light ART sites as will be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the IntraHealth Data Assistant job placement must hold a diploma in Statistics, Records Management from a reputable institute
• Possession of a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology or a post graduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
• Training in information technology, database and records management is an added advantage
• Two years of progressive professional experience working in data management
• A high level of computer literacy is required, especially, but not limited to Ms-Word, Excel, MS Access, Internet & web technology, as the incumbent will be involved in data entry into database systems
• Good numeracy skills.
• Keen attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry.
• Practical experience in working with government of Uganda health information systems (like Opens MRS/Uganda EMR, DHIS2, and mTrack) at health facility and district
• Experience in handling, collecting, coding, and managing numerical data
• Hands-on knowledge and skills in data entry preferably in an HIV/AIDS, Family Health or a
• Good verbal communication and writing skills.
• Willingness to work and travel in rural settings of Eastern and North-Eastern Uganda
• Excellent data analysis skills (competency in the use of Statistical applications such as SPSS, STATA, or Epi-Info is an added advantage)
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join IntraHealth International in the capacity should apply online at the
Deadline: 20th October 2019