About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Kampala based clients, we are looking for a competent Business Development Manager with hands on experience in Telecom and Fiber networks.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of new products and new areas of business in line with the Africa innovations roadmap that contribute to the company’s strategic business goals. Key responsibilities attributed to this function will include driving product development, business intelligence, development of strategic partnerships, as well as in-country M&A efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate understanding of the big picture and macro trends into impactful insights and recommendations that will influence strategy and initiatives in a time horizon spanning 2-5 years
- Source and appropriately disseminate market intelligence by generating meaningful market insights; appropriately linking them to short term and long-term objectives
- Liaise with external industry community, establishing business relationships with industry manufacturers, consultants, analysts and participating in related forums.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders namely municipalities, utility providers, and regulators to secure rights of way and statutory permits for new products and services.
- Establish oneself as an internal subject matter expert for marketplace knowledge, competitive intelligence. Generate landscape assessment reports and socialize findings with the other departments
- Product life cycle management – responsible for the design, building, support and end of life of products. This includes identifying market trends and future opportunities (map the
- market and opportunity size, align with the company strategy), develop financial business models, including business cases to create new revenue streams
- Champion new product trials and proof of concepts.
- Understand and leverage internal databases, big data, analytics and business intelligence to support critical, new initiatives and strategic plans. Effectively work in a matrix hierarchy in support of the business whilst effectively communicating and reporting with the group innovations team.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skill
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business (or Management), Engineering or an equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the Telecom/ IT or related experience (complex project management, process management and extensive change management or consulting required.
- Experience with providing IT and Telecom converged solutions, Big Data & Telco Analytics
- Diverse experience in B2B and/or B2C Telecom & Technology business environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be able to communicate to executive levels
- Strong planning skills
- Strong business development skills,
- Ability to influence decisions
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work with financial models with good understanding of invest evaluation metrics
- Strong business acumen, good intuition and ability to create and demonstrate value
- Self-motivated, high energy,
- Strong relationship building skills at all levels of a business
- Ability to negotiate
- Knowledge about how to leverage innovation and business intelligence to drive informed decisions and impact business results.
- Strategy and Business Development
- Strong Innovation capability
- Takes initiatives and drives project through to the end
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong MS skills. MS word, PowerPoint and excel etc.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TC-BDM Business Development Manager”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday 31st July 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification