BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. For more information please visit BRAC’s website, www.brac.net. BRAC Uganda invites suitably qualiﬁ ed candidates to ﬁ ll up the following available vacant positions.
Job Title : Award & Grant Management Ofﬁ cer – Re- advertised
Positions : 01
Location : Country Ofﬁ ce – Nsambya
Core Roles and Responsibilities
1. Optimizing the grant administration process.
2. Managing timelines and deliverables of progress reports (narrative& ﬁ nancial)
3. Documenting and analyzing payments and expenditure of grants
4. Ensuring compliance with grant regulations by educating staff on policies and related regulations.
5. Maximize the proper use of technology (e.g. website, cloud, mobile, management module) in knowledge sharing.
6. Writing research briefs & communication documents.
• Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so. Required Qualiﬁ cations and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Management, library studies and ICT, business studies, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or any other related subject. Certiﬁ cate in grant and knowledge management is an added advantage. (No Testimonial allowed)
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in grant management (preferably research grant) and knowledge management.
• Knowledge on Grant management including report writing, ﬁ nancial analysis, and learning documentation.
• Strong management experience and ability to establish institutional systems.
• Basic knowledge/skill in mix methods of research implementation – quantitative, RCT, qualitative
• Strong skills & knowledge in document management, storage & ICT.
• Advanced written and oral communication skills for a variety of audiences. HEALTH PROGRAM The health program in Uganda began in 2008 to ensure that people living in poverty can access quality & affordable health services. The goal of the projects is to lower mobility and mortality among children under ﬁ ve from diseases such as diarrhea, pneumonia and malaria: improve maternal health: improve basic essential healthcare services in rural areas: and improve the nutritional status of small holder families with a focus on pregnant women, children under ﬁ ve and adolescent girls. The health program is seeking qualiﬁ ed candidates to ﬁ ll the following
positions in their new TB Wave7 project.
Interested candidates should send their Application (addressed to the Manager, HR & Training) & CV by email to email@example.com. The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly. Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: Thursday 31st October, 2019. BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.