EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DESCRIPTION OF SANYU AFRICA RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Sanyu Africa Research Institute (SAfRI) is a local collaborative research institute situated in Mbale. The mission of Sanyu Africa Research Institute is to improve maternal, newborn and child health especially among the poor, through high quality collaborative clinical research and using low cost, innovative technologies. The Institute works closely with local health care providers and government to strengthen the research capacity and promote inspiring models of clinical practice. To achieve the above, institute seeks to recruit a motivated and competent candidate as indicated below;
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Reports to: Manager Finance and Administration
Duty station: Mbale
Contract type: Full Time
The administrative officer will be responsible for administration at the Sanyu Africa Research Institute.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative officer will be required to:
Provide administrative support to the Technical Managers including travel and calendar management, and maintenance of electronic and paper files Coordinate with courier service providers (FEDEX, DHL) to ensure that all mail and percale are picked on time and arrive at SAfRI Headquarters, Hubs and other destinations Provide administrative support in preparation for meetings, conferences and other events, including compiling, formatting, posting and distributing materials, receiving, assisting in the preparation of presentations and developing and maintaining files. Set up and clearing of meeting facilities within SAfRI offices for committee and related meetings. Provide backup support for other administrative staff, as required.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• Prepare and organize staff records, assists in electronic filling and records archiving for easy access and retrieval.
• Receives and logs application for various vacancies and perform initial screening of applicants’ documents.
• Assists with the scheduling, preparation and coordination of interviews
• Prepare staff induction packs for all new employees and update staff biodata
• Organize, coordinate and participate in orientation for new staff. Work with various departments to coordinate and make sure orientation for new staff happens and is closed as per schedule
Maintain records, proving that the fleet is compliant with regulations whilst demonstrating value for money. Manage maintenance schedules to ensure that the optimum number of vehicles are working at all times to meet SAfRI needs. Maximize fuel economy and manage the fuel card usage. Implement and maintain SAfRI rules and procedures for Fleet Management. Provide fleet and asset management reports, customized reports, gather information on all fleet assets and provide in-depth reports periodically and when requested. Implement and maintain vehicle and passenger security and safety procedures and systems. Organize local drivers to effect the timely and efficient reception to and dispatch of personnel from the office and operational areas. Report on driver movements and activities (Journey/Mission schedule). Ensure that SAfRI vehicles are regularly serviced and repaired in line with existing rules. Maintain, at all times, accurate control, recording and monitoring of drivers and vehicle logbooks, and provide monthly fuel usage reports to Senior Management. Support the implementation of policies and processes for the management and safeguarding of the vehicle fleet and asset management. Any other related duties as and when required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, procurement and logistics management, or related field from a recognised institution.
Additional training in Human Resources management. The candidate must have at least 2 years’ practical experience performing administrative functions and 1 years performing HR functions in a fast paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication Skills in English.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND SPECIFICATION
1. Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet is a must
2. Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
3. The person must feel comfortable working collaboratively with colleagues from Multicultural backgrounds and must demonstrate a positive service attitude.
How to apply;
SAfRI will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, please apply online via www.vacancies.safri.ac.ug (let’s save the environment). You should upload the following documents; cover letter, CV (signed and dated) with details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, previous work experience, address of three (3) Referees; relevant Certificates/testimonials, and transcripts.
Deadline for submission of application: August 05, 2019 23.59hrs Address your application to The Manager Human Resources Sanyu Africa Research Institute P.O. Box 2190, Mbale, Uganda Website: www.safri.ac.ug Email: email@example.com For phone inquiries, contact +256 752038006 and +256 704985877
• SAfRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification