The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD), through its Programme Management Unit (PMU) is implementing the second Phase of the Expanding Social Protection Programme (ESPII). The goal of ESP is to reduce chronic poverty and improve life chances for poor men, women and children in Uganda. The programme aims to embed a national social protection system, including social assistance for the poorest and most vulnerable, as a core element of Uganda’s national planning and budgeting processes. A core element of the Programme is the Social Assistance Grants for Empowerment (SAGE) under which government provides the Senior Citizens Grant to older persons. Government with support from Development partners is currently in the process of rolling out the Senior Citizens Grant to all districts in the country.
The MGLSD through the PMU seeks to recruit competitive, competent and well-motivated persons to ﬁ ll 27 vacant positions in the Expanding Social Protection (ESP) Programme. The positions are contractual, running up to June 2022.
Position 3: Administration Offi cer – 3 positions (Mbale (1), Mbarara (1) and Kampala (1)
Reports to: Operations/RTSU Coordinator
To provide administrative support to the RTSU staff and ensure smooth implementation of the program. In charge of overall human resource management, offi ce management, logistics, ﬂ eet management and asset management at the RTSU.
Key Result Areas:
1. Provide procurement support to regional offi ce and PMU
2. Maintain suffi cient stocks of consumables and stationery
3. Maintain RTSU procurement and administration ﬁ les and ensuring safe keeping of offi ce and programme records
4. Supporting payment processes, procurement processes by completing necessary paperwork on timely basis
5. Ensuring programme vehicles are in good mechanical condition including repairs, services, fuel reconciliations and effi ciency report
6. Supporting human resource functions at the RTSU to include orientation, leave management, performance appraisals and ensuring health and safety of staff
7. Management of assets to include updating asset register, carrying our preventative maintenance of assets and repair of assets
8. Responsible for the management of offi ce imprest
A bachelor’s degree in either of the following disciplines, Social Sciences, Offi ce and Information management, Human Resource management, Development Studies, Public Administration, Business Administration, or Procurement and Logistics/Supply Chain.
Work Experience: Three (3) years in provision of operations client services support in a busy and reputable organsiation.
How to Apply:
Suitably qualiﬁ ed and interested candidates should send application letters, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees along with the relevant certiﬁ ed copies of academic transcripts, certiﬁ cates to: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development Headquarters (Security Registry) on second (2) Floor Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street P.O Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda. Application deadline is 23rd August 2019, 11:00am Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Should you not hear from us after two weeks of closing date of submissions, consider your application unsuccessful.
The Ministry is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, religion, political affi liation, national extraction or social origin, health status or disability.