INTERNAL Vacancy Announcement for two Accounts Assistants
Position Title: Accounts Assistant
Duty Station: Kampala
Duration: Permanent contract
We are looking for two Accounts Assistants to join the Finance Department at Ibero Kampala
Main Office. This opportunity is first being given to Members of Staff. Below is the reporting
line and qualifications required:
The Accounts Assistant reports to the Accountant.
Accounts Assistant Responsibilities:
• Providing support to the finance Department.
• Prepare for authorization, payment requisitions and payment vouchers.
• Handling of petty cash.
• Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, etc.
• Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
• Prepare monthly statutory returns. e.g. VAT, Withholding tax and P.A.YE
• Perform monthly bank reconciliation for all the accounts.
• Ensure that all receipts are banked the same day or the earliest time possible.
• Data entry in Sun systems
• Assist with monthly stocktake and stock reconciliations.
• Perform other tasks, such as filing, offloading coffee, etc.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate must hold a B. Com or Business Administration, Accounting
option from an accredited institution or University, or hold some professional
accounting papers. Must be skilled in all MS Office Packages Familiarity with
Sun System is a plus.
• Dynamic and result oriented individual.
• Professional manner and strong ethical code.
• Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
• Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
• Must have impeccable character and integrity
• Must have an eye for details.
• Ability to work under pressure and beyond working hours.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Must be a good team player.
• Willingness to learn and further their qualifications.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated capacity to document processes and outcomes.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
How to apply:
To apply, all interested persons should send their applications with an up-to-date CV to
Deadline: July 26, 2020.