NATIONAL MEDICAL STORES Plot 4-12, Nsamizi Road Date: 2nd September 2019 P.O Box 16, ENTEBBE, UGANDA.
EXTERNAL JOB ADVERTISMENT
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament in 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to health facilities in Uganda.
Our vision is “A POPULATION WITH ADEQUATE AND ACCESSIBLE QUALITY MEDICINES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES”
Our Mission is “TO EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY SUPPLY ESSENTIAL MEDICINES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES TO HEALTH FACILITIES IN UGANDA”
We are now looking for suitably competent Ugandans who possess appropriate skills, knowledge and right attitude to fill vacant positions which have either fallen vacant or have been created in the NMS structure. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions existing at NMS Head Office, Entebbe, Uganda. Summary:
NMS/2019/54: ACCOUNTANT (PAYROLL)
Reports to: Senior Accountant- Cost and Management
Salary Scale: Grade 6
To be responsible for monthly preparation of the payroll and to regularly up-date payroll information as instructed as well as oversee salary payments to staff.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Implementing approved payroll payment processes and update related accounts
2. Preparing and submitting tax and other statutory deductions including PAYE, NSSF, VAT, LST (Local Service Tax)
3. carrying out banking on daily basis and generating weekly banking reports
4. Reconciling of specific staff accounts by capturing payments, Posting recoveries and other necessary applications
5. Reconciling of specific staff accounts by capturing payments, posting recoveries and other necessary applications
6. To identify any risk(s ) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
7. Performing any other duties assigned by Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
1. Honors Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance and statistics
2. ACCA or CPA part qualification at Stage II
3. computer literate with competence in MS Office Suite
4. 3 years of accounting work experience
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should submit signed application letters, together with an Application Summary Form, curriculum vita, copies of academic documents/transcripts, names and contact details of three referees one of which must be the current or former employer to the Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer not later than 5: 00pm on Monday 9th September 2019 at the address below;
The Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer National Medical Stores P.O Box 16, Entebbe Plot 4 – 16 Nsamizi Road, ENTEBBE – UGANDA. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us, one month from the date of closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that National Medical Stores reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer.