LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Obongi, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
For more information about LWF World Service, please check; https://www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService
The LWF Uganda is looking for mature, qualified and experienced persons for the following position: –
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant (5)
Place of Assignment: Kyangwali, Lamwo, Palorinya
Reports to: M&E Officer
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to monitor progress and evaluate the effectiveness of LWF interventions in order to ensure high quality of assistance and continual learning.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist the M&E Officer in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans for the program;
2. Assist in planning and conducting data collection for monitoring activities and provide support in the development and review of standard tools for data collection
3. Train and supervise enumerators for specific data collection activities including checking questionnaires for reliability and consistency;
4. Support the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, writing and compiling reports to inform programme development and implementation
5. Ensure timely reporting on monitoring activities in line with project work plans
6. Contribute to the development of case studies, success stories and lessons learned reports to demonstrate the impact of LWF’s work and inform future programming;
7. Help to identify gaps in information in current reporting and work with the programme staff address these gaps
8. Under the supervision of the M&E Officer, maintain up to date databases and records of outputs/activities and beneficiaries reached in all project locations covered by the field office.
9. Support data quality assessments and verification to ensure that all data used for reporting and decision making are as accurate as possible
Qualifications, Experience, Essential Skills & Technical Competencies Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Information Technology, Development Studies or Communications
• Minimum 1 years’ experience supporting monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian programs.
• Experience in participatory approaches and tools of community planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• Ability to write reports and communication pieces.
• Strong interpersonal and ability to establish effective working relations with various stakeholders.
• Sound understanding of Project Management Cycle and support activities
• Experience in Statistical Analysis Packages e.g. SPSS, STATA etc
Candidates who are interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email email@example.com clearly indicating the job title in the email subject.
Hand delivered applications can also be sent to our Offices in Kampala. Please indicate the position you have applied for on the top of the parcel addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager
Lutheran World Federation
Plot 1401, Ggaba, Road next to Quality Hill
P. O. Box 5827 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline for receiving application is Friday 31st July 2020
Officially advertised by the Human Resource Service Centre – Uganda