UGANDA WOMEN EFFORTS TO SAVE ORPHANS
UWESO is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization registered with the Uganda NGO Board and is committed to improving the quality of life of orphans and other vulnerable children (OVC).
UWESO in partnership with ECLT Foundation is implementing Realizing Livelihoods through Savings and Education project (REALIZE+ Phase 2) in Hoima and Kikuube Districts. The Organization seeks to employ qualified and competent candidate for the following post to implement the above task:
Job Title: Community Based Trainer.
No. of Positions: 01
Job location: Kikuube District – Kyangwali Sub County.
Reports to: Project Officer.
Nature of appointment: Contract (1 year and Renewable)
The Community Based Trainer is a full time position responsible for supporting REALIZE project field activities. S/He will be responsible for provision of child Protection, Education and economic strengthening of communities, Mobilization and Training of communities, provide supervision and mentorship, and collaborate with community technical and local leaders during project implementation.
• Must have completed O level or a level and any other Community related qualification.
• Strong skills in team work, networking, facilitation and strategic thinking.
• High levels of integrity and at least 3 years of experience in community work.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
• Knowledge of the local language will be an added advantage.
• Must be mature ( 21 years and above) ,a resident in that community(sub county)
• Excellent writing skills.
• Good communication skills; Ability to communicate in English and the local languages.
• Ability to collect data and reporting.
• A confident self-starter who displays initiative, creativity and strategic thinking in all aspects of project development
• Ability to regularly and flexibly travel between designated project Units.
• Ability and willingness to ride a bicycle
Application letters with detailed CV indicating 3 references should be submitted to the Human Resource Officer of Uganda Women’s Efforts to Save Orphans (UWESO)- Plot 6 Tayali Road next to Trisek Hotel Kijungu Hoima Municipality or office of CDO Kyangwali sub county not later than 24th July 2020, 5.00 pm.
We do appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.