[TEMPORARY FOR 4 MONTHS
WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION]
DIRECTORATE: MANE PROJECT
BASED AT: KAMPALA CAPITAL CITY AUTHORITY – CITY HALL
REPORTS TO: FLEET SUPERVISOR
WHO WE ARE
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing
organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead
healthy lives and plan the families they desire. We’re reimagining healthcare, developing
health market systems where more consumer voices, at all income levels, are shaping
the development of increased consumer choices – where technology-driven, affordable,
quality drugs, devices, diagnostics and information move closer to peoples’ communities
and homes. We believe consumer-powered healthcare is a cost-effective sustainable
path toward health for all without financial hardship.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We’re a diverse group of professionals
and entrepreneurs with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – all with unique skills
we bring to the job.
Population Services International (PSI) and Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) are
implementing a three-year grant for an implementation science project (The MaNe
project) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The project is implemented in the slum communities and informal settlements in
the divisions of Rubaga and Makindye in Kampala city. The project initiates and tests
innovative interventions/approaches to address the demand and supply side barriers
affecting illness recognition, care seeking, effective referral and provision of quality care
equitably for better MNH outcomes in urban slum settings in Kampala city.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the temporary role (with
possibility of extension) of Driver for the MaNe Project. He/She will carry out the
operational and preventive maintenance of the assigned MaNe project vehicles to
support the delivery of services to MaNe and PSI customers in line with the MaNe
SOUNDS INTERESTING? READ ON…
• Maintain assigned Project vehicle under road worthy condition in line with PSI
and National requirements to reduce on the rate of tear and wear for an effective
length of service.
• Transport Project staff and other authorized person(s) to a required destination.
• Transport and deliver MaNe and PSI mails or goods to the specified destinations
while operating and parking vehicles with maximum security of supplies to
minimize losses and damage to MaNe or PSI property while in transit.
• Update trip movement records and account for funds spent on driving operations
in line with PSI Accounting procedures.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle and the image of PSI to the public in line
with the organizational requirements and the Uganda road safety guidelines.
• Maintain a good working relationship with KCCA and other implementing
• A Level education and above.
• A valid/clean driving permit with not less than three years’ experience; classes B
• 1-year work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving
rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
WHAT WOULD GET US EXCITED?
An individual with the following Key personal competencies.
• Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient
operation of automotive equipment.
• Defensive driving skills training a MUST.
• Basic knowledge of computer especially word and excel.
• Ability to work in a team and good communication skills fluent in English.
• Ability to work under pressure and minimum supervision.
• Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
• Ability to operate a van or small bus.
• Result focused.
• Develop Others.
• Drive change and Innovation.
• Customer service Orientation.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
• Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work.
You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
• Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources
available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
• Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s
the only way you’ll learn and improve.
• Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for
what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do
it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
• Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit
of the doubt.
• Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the
organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country
governments through thick and thin.
REQUESTED APPLICATION MATERIALS
Interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources
and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.
Applications should reach us not later than 5.00pm (1700H) on Wednesday July 15th, 2020.
Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit
your application as soon as possible!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals
regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family
status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical
conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or
uniform service member status or employment status.
**Please note PSI Uganda does not solicit for funds during any recruitment process.